Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Pitch RX works great. It whips the resin or sap build up from blades & router bits. About $40 for 1litre but this should last years for the handyman.

Regards
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by NightPanther
    ....the bigger question I had was if it was possible to prevent or reduce the build up in the first place. ....
    Just as soon as I find the source of my Déjà vu, i think (thanks Noodle) I'll let you know.

I think it was about not quiet halfway through the "Bandsaw Handbook" by Ummm.. searching, searching, searching.... found it..... Mark Duginske

see here... http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com...ead.php?t=5947

The guy has a mixture of some brew in a trigger action spray bottle & he squirts it on the blade every now & then as he is cutting.

I'll find the book & quote the ref: Friday I think... stay tuned. What was I doing?
    Cliff.
    If you find a post of mine that is missing a pic that you'd like to see, let me know & I'll see if I can find a copy.

I think the pine resin is soluble in kerosene, so might be cheap and effective choice to clean the blades. The issue would be kerosene’s flammability and eliminating potential ignition source while cleaning and drying. Best to soak the blade in kerosene.

Switch to a friction guide like the the ceramic ones from Northwood, there's even members here that use wood. I used bearing guides when I first got my saw but went off them due to the noise.
    Dan

OK, I found it... it was where I thought it was the first time, sort of...
    It was from a link out of a posting on this board, that's what made to hard to find in a search....
    The link to the site is here....
    http://www.timberwolf1.com/six_rules.asp

Read part D.

Bludy Déjà vu, i think (thanks Noodle).... I can sleep now.

I'm adding this bit so a search will find it now....
    lubricate lubrication lubricating lubricant band saw bandsaw blade blades
    Cliff.
    If you find a post of mine that is missing a pic that you'd like to see, let me know & I'll see if I can find a copy.