Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  32
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Model Wagons

Another ripper! I love it.
    The whip's a nice touch, too. Adds (even more) realism.

I still use IE on this site, but it's only IE8. IE9 isn't compatible with XP SP3, as far as I know. IE8 works fine, with only a couple of very minor issues that I can work around. The boys upstairs must have done a bit of work, because most of the original problems are gone. In the end, I downloaded & installed Firefox for nothing, it just sits there unused.
    ... Steve

-- Monkey see, monkey do --

Another great model by you Eddie. I use Firefox only for this forum. Everything else IE10 works great. You other option is google chrome. Haven't used it for this forum you might give it a shot. The only real problem I have with IE10 on here is I can't use the return key which can be annoying when you are trying to post. Bret

Quote Originally Posted by bj383ss View Post
    Another great model by you Eddie. I use Firefox only for this forum. Everything else IE10 works great. You other option is google chrome. Haven't used it for this forum you might give it a shot. The only real problem I have with IE10 on here is I can't use the return key which can be annoying when you are trying to post. Bret
    There's an IE10??? Man am I behind the times.
    ... Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
    There's an IE10??? Man am I behind the times.
    Yes sir but I think you have to have Windows 7 with SP1 installed.

Bret

You guys scare me ... I'm sure your from another Planet ... the milk float, words fail me.

Is it possible to get some angled shots of it ?

Greg.

Quote Originally Posted by bj383ss View Post
    Yes sir but I think you have to have Windows 7 with SP1 installed.
    Bret
    Bret, that'll be next year when XP support ends, I guess.

Eddie, I'm with Greg for angled pics if possible.
    ... Steve

Thanks fellows you are to kind,I am on fire fox at the moment,n leaving it a minute ago to see if I had any other shots of the float ,after waiting over 1 minute they still could not get the Bucket for me they are a disgrace I had to pull the plug and start again ,and that means if I have wrote any post I loose the lot ,any way I have found only one,and will post it if I can with a bit o luck ,and I noticed the bucket if you are not careful when you post a photo, also allows all your album to be on show,not being the best on a computer I waste a lot of time just getting the thing to work, I am much better with a bit of slate and chalk,

Eddie

Mate, that looks sooo good, from all angles. Thanks for posting the extra pic, I appreciate it and I'm sure everyone else does too.

It truly looks like it's full scale - a real one.
    ... Steve

Well ..... that is truly amazing !!!!!

The canisters, they look like each detail on them was copied from the real ones. Would love to see it in the flesh. Are they really galvanised and brass ... or have you somehow made them look like that. In which case there are three master skills on display here ... metal work, woodwork, and painting .... which just about covers every other forum subject on here ... Haaaaa.

I really appreciate this photo ....... and if, when you get a chance, if, if, you can take more I would love to see more of this particular one. I think this is worth taking to a professional studio to have photographed.

I vaguely remember, as a liddle kid in Toowoomba, the ice-cream man coming around on Sundays with a bell in one of these things. very similar. From memory he just had to tell the horse to move on and it moved to where the next pull-up was. no touching the reins. Kids could walk all around it, touch it, it didn't care. Today's workplace health an safety would be scandalised ... Haa

Inimitable work mate .... Greg

crowie is offline Life's Good, Enjoy each new day & try to encourage

G'Day Eddie, Your are one very talented craftsman......beautiful workmanship...Cheers, crowie

Thanks all, one for Bret IE 10 what is sp1 and how do you get IE 10, I was checking to answer Peters post and went from page 1 to page 2 and fire fox could not move to page 2 from page1 they said they could not find the server what a load of rubbish they are ,I am on windows 7 with a strong broad band signal and they mess every thing up.
    I have tried to get the Google one Bret same thing they cant find Google they say time as run out, I change to IE most times ,but forget to change over when on this forum and I write a long piece and put in a photo and try to post and the lot freezes and all is lost, I think that renewing the forum servers don't want the IE on here.
    I took a few photos of a model I was going to post yesterday I uploaded them to the WWF album but can't find where they have gone, these models have no wip
    as they were built years before I found forums, and so I thought on this one I would add a few views I will try again to night .

Eddie

Eddie,

SP1 is Service Pack 1 for Windows 7. I am surprised you are having trouble with all three browsers. The google chrome is a stripped down version so I thought you would have less chance of problems. This is just my opinion but IE10 has been great for me except that I can't use the return key when making a post(on this forum only). This isn't a solution to all you problems but if you are typing a long post do it in a word program first and save it and copy and paste that into the forum might save you some time.

As far as the pictures I do direct link codes now using the [img]X[/img]. But you have to have your photos uploaded to a off site server such as photobucket or imagebam. I use Fotki. It is free and each month you can request an additional 300mb of storage. I have had mine for 2 and 1/2 years and I have 6 GB of space. Have all my woodworking photos uploading which is a lot and still have half my space left.

Bret

Thanks Bret I have tried many times this morning to put several pics in so that you can see a bit of the work involved with the model ,I have to preview the pics I put in or they will show your complete library,then I can not get back to the bucket and have to start over so I will only send one pic and sort the others if I can this is a real old'y and beginning to show the signs.

MAN ... Waaaaaa .. How do you do this. They just get better !!!!!

Do you show them ? Are they on display somewhere ?

This one is straight out of the Pickwick Papers. Beautiful.

Regarding the photos: Do you have a site to store your photos on ? I use photo.net and have been a member there for over ten years. But you have to pay a yearly membership.

I tried using the 'Albums' on this site, but they are buggy and you can spend 30mins uploading only to have the album report 'no photos'. So I link to photo.net. No problem uploading there.

If you would like a detailed lesson on how to display and place photos in your posts just send me an email to [email protected] and I will send you a detailed 'How to do' with illustrations and you won't have any future problems.

Cool bananas ... Greg

It just keeps getting better and better.
    Love the mail coach Eddie. Another work-of-art.
    ... Steve