Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Not sure!

I loved this episode last night. Very funny. I've watched this show a few times. Please tell me. What is this show meant to be about.? Do they race across a country for money? Do they challenge each other or something? What's the actual point or subject?

What am I missing ?

I like this show!!!!.

Thanks....Now you can call me names ha he.
    Don't pass them by! Be daring and caring!

Dampen their misery....sit with them and talk a little.

Buy them something to eat and a tram fare to a local mission.
    I'm so lucky that I've somewhere to live and have family support.

It's a show about cars. Mostly new cars and fast cars.
    Mick

avantguardian

Default Top Gear....

Who said Top Gear Challenges have to have a purpose

Just an FYI - A franchise for a local production of Top Gear was sold late last year - I don't know how well it will work here though - particularly since we don't have easy access to the European manufacturers - but it will be interesting to see how it goes (providing they are selective about who they get to host it)

And wait till you see what they do to a "Reliant Robin" next week
    -----------------------------------------------
    Oh that was easy said God
    And went on to prove that Black is White
    And got killed at the next Zebra Crossing

A friend of mine (we are mad Ulysses members), went to the States 2 years ago and met up with an ex-pat friend of ours from Florida. A group of 5 blokes decided to ride through the 'Deep South'. This was his fourth trip, but his first ride through the south.
    According to my mate who is 61 years of age and a very quiet bloke, he will NEVER visit the USA ever again.
    Whilst he and the others were not involved in any incidents, they did witness many events that he stated frightened the living daylights out of them. I won't even attempt to relate all of the incidents he mentioned, but suffice to say, that the episode of Topgear the other night, according to my mate, was bloody tame.
    He reckons that all through the south, it is pretty much the same. If a black person was the target of an incident by a bunch of redneck whites, the police were even worse. He did say that very few blacks were around anyway, but he witnessed 2 disturbing scenes. When he another Aussie spoke to the police to tell them what really happened, they were threatened with arrest with the first incident, so they walked away from the second one for fear of causing more grief for the victims and themselves. The ex-pat put them straight also.
    They also witnessed an incident where a bloke had his car trashed because a bunch of 'hicks' believed he was a homosexual. The guy bolted for his life, abandoning his car. Apparently he wasn't even a local. My mate reckons he is probably still running today.
    My mate's advice to me?
    Stay home. He's swears he'll never go back again.
    Of course I'm brave, I'm afraid of NO man, and only a few women.