Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Maybe if the Brisbane folk had closed for a week, got their new store organised, had a good night's sleep and opened up smiling with everything in place, we would have got a better and more polite service.

Perhaps they dont realise that there are other places selling the same stuff, with less surly staff.

I'll give them a good six months before I go near them again.

Barrie Restall
    This bit should be completely ignored, although I know that despite this warning, you will read it through to the very end.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrie Restall View Post
    Maybe if the Brisbane folk had closed for a week, got their new store organised, had a good night's sleep and opened up smiling with everything in place, we would have got a better and more polite service.

Perhaps they dont realise that there are other places selling the same stuff, with less surly staff.

I'll give them a good six months before I go near them again.

Barrie Restall
    I don't believe it will matter how long you stay away, their attitude will not change.
    I have always contended that if the Owner/Manager has an attitude problem, then it will trickle down to the staff and they in turn will treat the public in a like manner.

Colin.

Quote Originally Posted by chippy 71 View Post
    I have always contended that if the Owner/Manager has an attitude problem, then it will trickle down to the staff and they in turn will treat the public in a like manner.
    Colin.
    Very true. A business will always reflect the attitude of the person at the top.

They forget that if customers stop coming through the door, the owner does not have a business and the employees no longer have a job. Retailing is that simple.
    Tom

"It's good enough" is low aim

several years ago i wanted a belt sander rang carbatec brisbane , yes on the floor . can you send it to me answer was NO. Ithought about it and rang a few stores melbourne had one . so bought it and they sent it up to cairns , no worries . when it arrived it had been landed in bris ,from china ,then sent to melb , then to me in cairns, well traveled . why didnt they sell the bris one ???? didnt need the money i guess ,they have recently reduced the price have found many other companies that will give good service though . happy shopping its meant to be a pleasure.

Quality of service from Carbatec and other major suppliers seems to change like the weather in this country. Carbatec Adelaide went through a bad phase and I decided to switch to Jet. Of late Jet's service here has plummeted to rock bottoms and Carbatec seem to have pulled their socks up markedly.

Lee Valley......theyre NOT like the weather...always good and quick service.
    Whatever note you blow youre never more than a semitone away from the correct one....(Miles Davis)

I'd like to put in a good word for Carbatec, Sydney, please.

I am bent, on a stick, cannot walk well but there is always a chair there for me and the service is courteous, knowledgeable and quick. There are, usually, about four coves serving and not stopping.

We have just returned from taking advantage of the 10% off all stock sale and, again, I was in and out quickly with the cove carrying the purchases to the car for me, as always.........different coves each visit but still the same courtesy.

Quote Originally Posted by Old farmer View Post
    I'd like to put in a good word for Carbatec, Sydney, please.

I am bent, on a stick, cannot walk well but there is always a chair there for me and the service is courteous, knowledgeable and quick. There are, usually, about four coves serving and not stopping.

We have just returned from taking advantage of the 10% off all stock sale and, again, I was in and out quickly with the cove carrying the purchases to the car for me, as always.........different coves each visit but still the same courtesy.
    You can bet then that the Boss is a good bloke and treats his staff well!

Colin.

Sydney carbatec are always helpful !

Alastair

Maybe the Brisbane staff should take a turn in the Sydney store and see how its suppose to be done.
    Reality is no background music.
    Cheers John

Maybe someone at Carbatec head office should be asking themselves what's the use of having a chain of stores operating under the same name if each individual store is basically a stand alone entity in terms of quality of service being offered.

Surely one of the aims of the whole exercise is to build up the Carbatec name to a point where people associate good quality goods and service with ANY store bearing the Carbatec name.

Jet needs to be addressing the same issues although of late their Head Office seems to be the source of 90% of their problems.
    Whatever note you blow youre never more than a semitone away from the correct one....(Miles Davis)

Quote Originally Posted by munruben View Post
    Maybe the Brisbane staff should take a turn in the Sydney store and see how its suppose to be done.
    Not such a stupid idea as it sounds.....How about also sending Carbatec staff from one store to other stores.......as customers.

Went to Carbatec Brisbane on Wednesday when I went down to watch the "State of Origon".

I found the new store a bit harder to get to than the old one, as I usually use public transport to get there.

The staff were still setting up the new shop, with some shelves still empty and a lot of gear still without pricing displayed, I got around that by carrying a cataloque with me and checking prices that way.

I found the majority of the staff friendly and helpful, one guy was too busy with stuff he was doing and could have been a bit more helpful, but I soon got over that.

I will go back next time I am back in Brisbane, the only downside for me is the distance from the city, and the long walk from the bus stop to the shop.

I went there today and yes there are still issues but I think the new store is a great improvement. The machine area is well lit and the showroom seems to be better laid out.

I have been involved in a couple of company mergers and can honestly say that a move of that scale is a logistical nightmare. Deferring supply so you don't have to move it is one method but affects continuity of supply. Hence the empty shelves. More power to them I say.

I must say that there are some real bargains to be had. It seems that there is some sample style stock that they are keen to get rid of, I suppose so that they may focus upon stock lines.

I for one will continue to shop with them

Cheers

CT's pricing policy puzzles me, as has been mentioned already. I found Sydney more expensive than Melbourne but if it is a national franchised operation all prices should be the same. When challenged on this Sydney point blank refused to match the Melbourne price and they lost a sale.
    CHRIS