Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Grunt View Post
    How do you go for accepting payments online?
    Paypal ol chap, Paypal.

Al

Paypal is so easy to do and its international.
    Now it could go to the "gallery"
    but
    Maybe Paypal and the other things are the responsibility of the individual vendors.

Theres a few oz online cooperative galleries and they all operate differently.
    Some being fullblown conventional businesses others just being online showcases for their members wares.
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com

Not if the site doesnt charge for any sevices.

Quote Originally Posted by echnidna View Post
    Maybe we could even rent the craporium from al and give him a frilly white blouse and a dark skirt to look after the clientele
    Could he have a whip (yes, yes a whip)

and leather garters? (garters, yes, garters)

Rob

Quite complicated enough as is. I vote for a separate entity. Or use the Buy, Sell, & Swap, as Skew suggested.

Joe
    Of course truth is stranger than fiction.
    Fiction has to make sense. - Mark Twain

one thing that could happen is a flood of new member with there ads
    at the mo its not the done thing but once the gate is open the forum could change hope not
    smile and the world will smile with you

Another (computer related) Aussie forum that I'm a member of has a very active 'trading post' similar to 'Buy Sell Swap'. I believe they're the second largest forums in Australia with five times Woodwork's membership and ten times the amount of posts. They'd probably be the largest if they opened it up to guests, but you have to sign up to view or post.
    They keep down the number of fly-by-night con men, spammers and such by a three month rule. You have to be a member for three months before you can view or post in their 'trading post' and you can only sell second hand goods. It's mainly computers and related hardware, but you can sell anything you want there.
    If anyone is looking for a second hand computer or parts for one then it's the best place to go with the cheapest gear you'll find anywhere, usually cheaper than ebay, and there's lots of technical advice there if you're into computers. I'm not, but I post in their 'science' section, and their 'current events' section where there's quite a bit of topical and controversial (non computer related) debating going on that gets quite heated at times. It's good fun.

Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is that you could keep it more exclusive by requiring that to post an ad you have to have been a member for a certain period (perhaps a year?) or have made a certain number of posts (perhaps 1,000?), or a combination of both. It would cut down on spammers, con-men and fly-by-nighters. Another rule that would keep out mass production manufacturers would be a rule that you could only sell one item of a particular design. No "Buy ten, get one FREE!!!" BS.

Otherwise just post it in 'Buy Sell Swap' as already suggested, and just put a 'For Sale' link to the post in your sig. I'm 'selling' my sons wares in my sig, but his songs are FREE!!!, and you don't have to buy ten to get one.