View Poll Results: How much do you drink?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rarely/Never Drink

32 24.62%
  • Glass of Chardonay at dinner parties

5 3.85%
  • A few beers on the weekend

25 19.23%
  • One or two every night

33 25.38%
  • Three or four every night

20 15.38%
  • I have a tab at the bottle shop

3 2.31%
  • Spirits are my forte!

12 9.23%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thanks Dr Rocker!

Trouble is, it's so hard to put the cork back in the bottle. I might have to make it one beer and two glasses of red instead Besides, the doc told me a glass of red a day is good for your heart, so two must be doubly good
    "I don't practice what I preach because I'm not the kind of person I'm preaching to."

Teatotalers have a noticably shorter life span than those of us who drink one or two a night. Those who regularly drink more than six or more a night have a shorter life span again.

I love my beer but hangovers these days last for a week so the fun of getting drunk is far out weighed by the pain and suffering of a hangover.
    Photo Gallery

A couple of stubbies of Tooheys Old every other day (mothers milk). An occasional red.
    All you have to do is add a packet of chips or beer nuts and you have got nearly all the major food groups covered. At least the major ones I like.

Adrian,

I've been drinking the black schooners lately too. Makes a nice change from VB.

If you like Tooheys Old, have you ever tried James Squire Porter? Now that's a nice brew. I also like their Pilsner and IPA. I don't mind a case of Boags every now and then when the wallet can stand it.
    "I don't practice what I preach because I'm not the kind of person I'm preaching to."

IMHO the James Squire Pilsner is the best beer in Australia. I like my beer to have lots of flavour. The flavour leaps out of this one.

I also like all of the other James Squire numbers, most of what comes out of the Coopers stable, Becks is pretty damn good, Cascade has a few goodies as well.
    Photo Gallery

Originally posted by rodm
    Sorry Ken - what are you trying to say
    Sorry Rod was I not clear ? I am saying that binge drinking is just plain stupid in the first place. I doubt you will find a medical practitioner who would disagree.

Fair enough Ken. By the way I am a social drinker and not a habitual drinker. I refer to binge drinking in clinical terms as apposed to socially acceptable standards. I enjoy my weekend daylight hours too much to let hangovers interrupt them.
    Last edited by rodm; 21st January 2004 at 11:39 AM.
    Cheers,
    Rod

Thumbs up

A flagon of port a day used to be the go!!
    Gee that Doorstop's a nice bloke . Guess who entered my signature.

Grunt, IMHO James Squire Original Amber Ale is the go, available on tap in a lot of the pubs/bars in The Rocks/CBD/Darling Harbour.
    Toohey's Old is a great drop too, I agree that a lot of the Cooper's brews are good, particulary the Vintage Ale about 7% alcohol from memory, or what's left of it.
    Cheers
    Barry

whiskers, you have my deepest sympathy in having Doorstop as a neighbour.. guess that the property values around your way would be depressed at the moment..

Kev

SilentC.

I've never heard of the James Squire stuff. I'll have to see if they have it in Port Macquarie.

Adrian,

They've got it in Pambula (pop. 700 odd) so I'd be very surprised if they don't have it up there. Although we are a thristy lot down here!

Glad to see I've got some company in the 3 to 4 a night.

Drop Bear Capital of Gippsland (Lang Lang) Vic Australia

Silent C, most of us are only thristy when pished
    I enjoy a couple of coldies after work, and a glass of whatever is desirable on occassion, I am not a great fan of port though.
    While I enjoy Tooheys old what I have not seen for a long time is Kent.
    Can it be found in Melbourne or surrounds (looks likes Tooheys but tastes a bit different).
    Whilst on the subject of a coldie, over Xmas had some friends over, yes, I have a few.
    Sitting under the tree's (the ones at the front Brudda) a stubby was raised, just as it was about to hit the lips, a white flash entered the neck from the birds nest above.
    Poor bugger drank it before he knew what happened, we thought it was funny and the bird got away.
    I am assured it does not improve the flavour of the brew.
    Stupidity kills. Absolute stupidity kills absolutely.

Iain,

All the pubs round here, yes both of them, used to have Kent Old on tap but when VB came on tap about 15 years ago, something had to give. They should've gotten rid of the Fosters or the Carlton Draught instead :mad:

I love Port. Can easily sit down and share a bottle of that with someone. When my brother-in-law and I go walkabout, we always take a cask of port. Can't be beaten around the fire on a cold night and more convenient to carry than a six pack.

Supposed to be a good brewery down your way at Mirboo Morth, ever been there?

I don't drink much...I spill most of it.

Alex

Don't rush me: the hurrier I go, the behinder I get.