Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

View Poll Results: Do you read the whole thread?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

28 53.85%
  • No

3 5.77%
  • Sometimes

21 40.38%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Beachport, South Oz, the best little town on the planet.

Hey! new Thread!! beauty... I wonder if that bloody has seen it yet? I wonder if anyone will reply to MY post? are there anyone here what cares? Who carnt bloody spel yoo pinnhed? What was the question and is Al here yet? Why hasn't Cliff posted yet and I wonder if Wongo knows it is here.....

Beachport, South Oz, the best little town on the planet.

Oh, WOW!!! I must be super important cas I started a hole nue paige!

& some times they say the same thing that the last bloke just said....

Trav
    Some days we are the flies; some days we are the windscreen

Quote Originally Posted by ozwinner
    Guys!!

Im thinking of doing a poll about, Do you read the whole thread?
    Should I?

Al
    Or you could just do a poll about, Do you read the whole thread.

SWISH!!
    Cliff.
    If you find a post of mine that is missing a pic that you'd like to see, let me know & I'll see if I can find a copy.

You should do a search - this topic has been covered before

See this thread

http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com...9&page=1&pp=15

Trav
    Some days we are the flies; some days we are the windscreen

Am I the only one who has been deleted on this thread?
    replaced my post of "sounds like..."
    with
    swish
    Probably Caliban envy from the evil giant who doesn't like to be contradicted.
    Last edited by Caliban; 24th August 2005 at 07:42 PM. Reason: gutless
    Cheers
    Jim

"I see dumb peope!"

Wot's the question?
    Boring signature time again!

Quote Originally Posted by Caliban
    Am I the only one who has been deleted on this thread?
    replaced my post ....Probably Caliban envy from the evil giant who ...
    Nope, the posts above & below the big red swish replace other posts as well. DAMHIK.

I don't think he has Caliban envy..... I think that's way of having fun...

BTW, I expect this tread to be closed by midnight to night.
    Cliff.
    If you find a post of mine that is missing a pic that you'd like to see, let me know & I'll see if I can find a copy.

What's the point of reading the whole thread BEFORE responding???

You only read it after you have posted a reply, then,............ you realize what a DB (dumb_bastard) you have been & heavily edit what you posted........ simple eh??
    Cheers

Major Panic

Looking at the stats as at present, 16 yes, 1 no, I think that maybe the whole post is read by the eyes but in a lot of cases there is a very weak connection between the eyes and the brain but the link between the brain and the hand that types on the keyboard is almost as strong as the hand that clutches the toilet paper. This is illustrated by the vast majority of replies above. It is just amazing how much crud is uttered in some posts and may be the reason why people with info but no time to wade through crud just post the senseble reply anyway instead of spending lots of unnecessary time.

See , I didn't say the 'brown' word!

what crud? I didn't see any crud, it all makes Ummm.. what was the question?
    Cliff.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimark
    There is also the timing issue. There will be at a given time the possibility that two or more people read the same thread, they then go off and write their replies.

This takes a different time for each person. Then they post their words and notice that someone else has also written an almost identical posting.

I myself, note if someone has replied in a manner that I would, if so, I deign to make an additional, almost identical statement, as it, to my mind, is pointless.

Mick.
    Yep! That's happened to me as I type slowly

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by gatiep
    Looking at the stats as at present, 16 yes, 1 no, I think that maybe the whole post is read by the eyes but in a lot of cases there is a very weak connection between the eyes and the brain but the link between the brain and the hand that types on the keyboard is almost as strong as the hand that clutches the toilet paper. This is illustrated by the vast majority of replies above. It is just amazing how much crud is uttered in some posts and may be the reason why people with info but no time to wade through crud just post the senseble reply anyway instead of spending lots of unnecessary time.

See , I didn't say the 'brown' word!

BUT! it was inferred, wasn't **it

Cheers!

When considering becoming a respondant to an enquiry, it is important to remember several points, all of which are just as important as one another, and must be weighed fully and carefully, if indeed one wishes to bring about an effecacious result, and not cause angst, dispepsia and discord amongst ones fellow members during the open and sometimes spirited debate which can ensue following a particularly sensitive or indeed provocative enquiry, this is especially true if the predicament in which the inquistor finds him or indeed her self in has indeed been dealt with in previous incarnations of not dissimilar threads, and can be especially poignant if the query has been raised by a person whom has not fully experienced the boundless energy and jocularity eminating from the members contributing to these fora, it is during such thrust and parry one must consider all points of view, and not become jaded, or nearsighted, and give a fully descriptive, yet succinct answer to any question, query, enquiry or any other manifestation of these, for any repetition given when expounding the possible panacea for the questioner can become dull for all other readers, making them judgemental, when the respondant does not fully elucidate his meaning with eloquence.
    Boring signature time again!

Quote Originally Posted by outback
    When considering becoming a respondant to an enquiry, it is important to remember several points, all of which are just as important as one another, and must be weighed fully and carefully, if indeed one wishes to bring about an effecacious result, and not cause angst, dispepsia and discord amongst ones fellow members during the open and sometimes spirited debate which can ensue following a particularly sensitive or indeed provocative enquiry, this is especially true if the predicament in which the inquistor finds him or indeed her self in has indeed been dealt with in previous incarnations of not dissimilar threads, and can be especially poignant if the query has been raised by a person whom has not fully experienced the boundless energy and jocularity eminating from the members contributing to these fora, it is during such thrust and parry one must consider all points of view, and not become jaded, or nearsighted, and give a fully descriptive, yet succinct answer to any question, query, enquiry or any other manifestation of these, for any repetition given when expounding the possible panacea for the questioner can become dull for all other readers, making them judgemental, when the respondant does not fully elucidate his meaning with eloquence.
    Wad did he say???????
    Cheers

Major Panic