Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Can anyone explain exactly why English supporters sing an American Negro slave chant anyway? Actually, can anyone explain English supporters?
    "I don't practice what I preach because I'm not the kind of person I'm preaching to."

'cause it's easy to remember when they're

From what I recall the song actually relates to the Jews fleeing Egypt across the Jordan River in search of the promised land. It’s typically taken as a reference to seeking heaven.

What it's got to do with drunken english rugby suporters escapes me - perhaps they feel they need devine intervention to win the cup. If so they'd be right

I hope you're right because me 'n' the missus are going out to watch the game with some friends (I use the term losely) from England and even though they've never shown any interest in Rugby before, all of a sudden they are the biggest fans of the game around.

I dearly want to see the smiles wiped from their faces but I have to say I'm a bit nervous about the whole thing. I just hope Eddie's got more than one sleeve.
    "I don't practice what I preach because I'm not the kind of person I'm preaching to."

A bloke walks into a pub with a dachshund under his arm. The dog is wearing an England rugby jersey and is festooned with England pom-poms.

The barman says, "Hey! No pets are allowed! You'll have to leave."

The bloke begs him, "Look, I'm desperate! We're both big fans, the TV's broken at home, and this is the only place around where we can see the game."

After securing a promise that the dog will behave, and warning the bloke that he and the dog will be thrown out if there's any trouble, the barman relents and allows them to stay and watch the game. The big game begins. The poms take the kickoff. One of their wingers hurtles under the ball and takes a clean grab.
    They march down the field, go through four phases and get stopped at the 22. One of the opposition gets penalised for offside in the ruck. The poms take a penalty and kick three points.

Suddenly, the dog jumps up on the bar and begins walking up and down the bar giving high-fives to everyone.

The barman says, "Wow! That’s the most amazing thing I've ever seen! What does he do if they score a try?"

The dog's owner replies, "I dunno, I've only had him for three years."

Supreme court case NZ

A seven year old boy was at the centre of a courtroom drama last week when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of the boy.
    The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge awarded custody to his aunt.
    The boy confirmed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and refused to live there.
    When the judge suggested that he live with his grandparents the boy cried out that they beat him more than anyone.
    The judge dramatically allowed the boy to choose who should have custody of him.
    Custody was granted to the All Black rugby team this morning as the boy firmly believes that they are not capable of beating anyone.
    Regards,

BigPop
    (I never get lost, because everyone tells me where to go!!!)

I hope you're right because me 'n' the missus are going out to watch the game with some friends
    Geez for the price of a pair of finals tickets you could buy a Jet bandsaw and have change left over

(just kidding I'm envious actually)

Craig,

Sorry, didn't make myself clear there. We're not going TO the game, we're going out to watch it, ie. to the local club on the big screen.

There's no way we could afford to buy tickets to the final. I think there's some on EBAY starting at $2000 if anyone is interested.

Sick of drinking Heineken anyway....