Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Dingo View Post
    For one Ive recently been told by two separate people that they stopped their building when the shire stated they couldnt live in the existing house while the new one was built... yet at the stage were at the shire said it was "okay" "no worries" only to say they cant when the approval was knocked back "reapply once you are no longer living in the existing property and it has been removed"
    shane,
    sounds like a tie up with a local caravan park or rental agent

you could always ask them why? and by what regulation?

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Dingo
    Another surprise recently was the water authority... seems they want 4000 BEFORE we start to cover the cost of having two properties on the same water usage... Ive tried till Im black and bloody blue to get it through the sheilas head that only ONE house will be connected at any one time the one were in now until the new house is complete and ready for connecting up then this one gets shut down and the other connected if theres a period where the waters turned off to this place prior to the new one being connected then we move out until the waters on again to the new house... she just couldnt understand that so were getting ready to have the "discussion" again once we submit the plans which will include the demolition stat dec so its clear that this place is being demolished once the others up
    will you really have TWO properties (i.e. two land titles) on the one meter?
    or two houses on the one meter? there's quite a difference you know

me I'd run water to the new house from your side of the meter
    even if I wanted to change the location of the meter I'd do this untill I was ready to get the meter relocated
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Dingo
    Oh and the other ubeaut?? the bloody power... the electrical costs just jumped! seems that western power is not allowing any more overhead power connections all new ones or replacement ones must be underground... so we have to add the electrical costs up by 40+ mtrs to the front of the property... buggar eh? cop that daddyoh!
    you can't leave one wall of the old house and the meter box behind can you — then it's not a new or replacement connection !

seriously $40k to trench how far?, install the conduit and warning strip and pull the wire

ian

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    shane,
    sounds like a tie up with a local caravan park or rental agent

you could always ask them why? and by what regulation?

will you really have TWO properties (i.e. two land titles) on the one meter?
    or two houses on the one meter? there's quite a difference you know

me I'd run water to the new house from your side of the meter
    even if I wanted to change the location of the meter I'd do this untill I was ready to get the meter relocated
    you can't leave one wall of the old house and the meter box behind can you — then it's not a new or replacement connection !

seriously $40k to trench how far?, install the conduit and warning strip and pull the wire

ian
    Gidday Ian
    Mate I spoke with the building bloke at the shire on Friday am and he has no issues with us living in the place and in his words "Im the one who decides and as the present house is being demolished once the new ones built I cant see a problem" so why the others were able to I wasnt about to persist with... dont intend to get him offside

No only one title and one house connected at any time... the house we are in until the other is finished and were ready to move over then this one turned off and disconnected and the new ones connected up... thats it one house one title... I think the sheila got her wires mixed as IF it was a subdivision then no worries understandable but since its not then it doesnt make sence... Weve spoke to two plumbers/gas fitters about the connecting and disconnecting timing and they dont understand what shes on about

The meter box thing is probably the same since the telephone sheila is based in the city and again its understandable there... we think she got it crossed since theres a new construction up the road that they have just installed the pole to... so theyre still doing it... but no we cant leave a wall standing

40K?? I said 40 meters!! dont know the cost of it yet but its sure to be more than we expected with a pole connection due to the run and extra wiring... but not 40k to do it

All up were budgetting 50K all up for both the plumber and electrician... which I hope is over super conservative and will leave us with 20K in hand once theyre done but still better to over budget than under and getting a rude shock and have to take from other areas to meet those extra costs that are presently easy to budget for.

Another soil test on Monday... seems they forgot to do the core sample test and so must come back and do that... major phone calls west to east east to west to and fro from me then back and forth from the engineer to the soil mob and back... finally a figure was quoted and it gets done on Monday... no worries its all worth having and will just be added support to get it passed ala more than whats actually required here in WA

Did the site layout yesty... BLOODY HUMUNGOUS PLACE!! so thats now done so presently the last two things are in motion the soil test and the owner builders rego... then we can go for it once the plans lob in 2 weeks (all being right that is)

CHeers!
    Believe me there IS life beyond marriage!!! Relax breathe and smile learn to laugh again from the heart so it reaches the eyes!!