Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

here is what i did:

this is just side of house (ex-owner planted 13 confier trees here, its 1m x 22m) was nightmare before. dont have pics of that.

but in last two weekends chopped all those tree, removed their stumps, cleaned it and now used 50mm layer 14mm Tourqy stone with 400x400x40 tiles on them one 1m apart.

other two pics are from before and after make over

here are pics for piping what i have done, took me too long to resize these pics.

soon it will be connected to grey water setup.

at the moment i am testing it to make sure it will work once it would be burried.

pls pass your valueable suggestions, thanks

Looking good.

Bit of a dry patch near the meter, what are you going to plant?

woodbe.

Default Irrigation pipe

Not sure of the rules down there, but in Qld we are made to keep it 2m off all footings or buildings. Its supposed to be 2m off boundry lines, but that isn't as important.
    It would pay to check what your regs are there. I know, no-one will ever know you did it that way,but I have seen footings move and crack walls. One house was in clay the other was in good draining soil.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbe View Post
    Looking good.

Bit of a dry patch near the meter, what are you going to plant?

woodbe.
    thanks woodbe, i just noticed that too now after you mentioned. will put another line there to cover it.

planning to put a garden border in U shape, with some hardy plants like yucca, and fill garden with loose Tourqey 14mm stones for look.

in center planning to put Sports Couch (only one available at the moment), this small front lawn has about 9 hours sun in summer and 6 hours in winter, so wont have shade problem for Couch.

Quote Originally Posted by Qldp View Post
    Not sure of the rules down there, but in Qld we are made to keep it 2m off all footings or buildings. Its supposed to be 2m off boundry lines, but that isn't as important.
    It would pay to check what your regs are there. I know, no-one will ever know you did it that way,but I have seen footings move and crack walls. One house was in clay the other was in good draining soil.

thanks for your comments here, thing with these weeping pipes, ( i have tested to run them with for 2 hours) they dont deliver too much water which can create any trouble.

i dont realy have picture after 2 hours, but its just enough to make roots wet and keep your plants and grass alive. thats the reason these pipes are considered water saver at the moment.

i m planning to run water through them max twice a week for 1-2 hours. that will bearly make top soil wet.

much appreciate for passing your advise.

what are the raised items in your 4th and 5 th photos. I'm interested in a drip system myself. I have installed two 200 litre drums to act as a reservoir for grey water and then I'm planning to run lines through my garden with drippers at the plants/trees or would weeper hose be a better solution, I'd welcome any advice.

We have had a bio septic system for ten years so all the plants I installed were moisture loving plants and they have gone really well. Last year Sydney Water (SW) put the sewer through and told everyone we have to connect which I've recently done so the gardens are looking tragic already.

I proposed to SW that I keep my Bio system but put a an overflow from it into the sewer so that in periods of heavy rainfall etc I could divert it into the sewer rather then saturate the ground. Needless to say thinking outside their usual box was too much of a challenge for them. I even wrote to the relevant minister, local member etc pointing out that with future water restrictions forecast they should be encouraging such systems but rather then support such innovation, it was all too hard. Anyway sorry for hijacking the post with my whinge.

Back on subject, any advice on the best way of distributing gey water?

Quote Originally Posted by notenoughtoys View Post
    what are the raised items in your 4th and 5 th photos. I'm interested in a drip system myself. I have installed two 200 litre drums to act as a reservoir for grey water and then I'm planning to run lines through my garden with drippers at the plants/trees or would weeper hose be a better solution, I'd welcome any advice.
    Pic 4 is Flush Valve, it flushes out remaining water form the tube one very watering cycle. about 4L.

Pic 5 is a Vacuume release, just to prevent any vaccume in your weeping tubes.

Flush valve should be on low spot of weeping tube so it can easily flush all left over water.

on other hand vacuume release device should be on highest point of weeping tube. (but i think it can go almost any where in middle too.)

my problem at the moment is that water is keep coming out from flush valve all the time, its not a leaking joint, its coming out form actual flush valve holes, intended to just release water on end of each cycle.

can someone pls tell me what wrong i have done here, thanks.

you can connect your grey water system to weeping system, but main theory behind weeping system is that nothing should clog it form inside, so make sure you filter grey water thoroughly before it will enter your weeping pipes otherwise it will block weeping holes form inside and everything will stop.

i am planning to install this one to get water from laundry to weeping tubes, with kids we almost use our washing machine twice a day, which will give us enough water to water our lawn twice a week:
    http://www.justwheeliebins.com.au/ep...omewaterbowser

Hi Mirz, Planned Landscape Constructions, all

Mirz wrote "finally today i bought whole setup from a local supplier in Melbourne. cost me $545 for both front and back yard. very happy with their service, professional advise and did not try to ripp off at all."

Can you guys recommend a decent drip line supplier/store in Melbourne (other than Bunnings) that is knowledgable enough to answer some layman questions?

I will draw a rough map of the garden, (clay) to take in and decide whether to go Miniscape, Techline etc.

Also, price is not of course everything, however do you find these smaller shops comparable to say Bunnings? The linked shop in Dural NSW had great prices but after freighting down to Melbourne maybe not so competitive.

Cheers and thanks

My theory is that if it needs watering its not worth growing. Its more than admirable to be reusing grey water because you are infact naturally filtering it before it re-enters the water cycle - however I think that turf is not what we should be planting.

Besides the fact that you have to use energy to maintain it - it does bugger all as a carbon sink and has little habitat value.

I have inherited some grass areas at my place and am slowly converting them to garden beds the remaining stuff can't be termed lawn anymore due to lack of maintenance.

I'm one of those neighbours that you guys would probably be embarrassed to live beside

The local wildlife like me though.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleBlack View Post
    Hi Mirz, Planned Landscape Constructions, all

Mirz wrote "finally today i bought whole setup from a local supplier in Melbourne. cost me $545 for both front and back yard. very happy with their service, professional advise and did not try to ripp off at all."

Can you guys recommend a decent drip line supplier/store in Melbourne (other than Bunnings) that is knowledgable enough to answer some layman questions?

I will draw a rough map of the garden, (clay) to take in and decide whether to go Miniscape, Techline etc.

Also, price is not of course everything, however do you find these smaller shops comparable to say Bunnings? The linked shop in Dural NSW had great prices but after freighting down to Melbourne maybe not so competitive.

Cheers and thanks
    I go to Pumpworks in Peel St Eltham, very knowledgeable and helpful. But others I do know of are Planned Irrigation in Huntingdale Rd, Wave Irrigation in Hoppers Crossing or Malvern (i think). Prices will be higher as they sell the better quality items than Bunnings but will also be very helpful towards someone who need the advise
    Planned Landscape Constructions
    www.plannedlandscape.com.au

bought mine from here, would highly recommend them

TURF & IRRIGATION
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=dealerlocation>499 FERNTREE GULLY ROAD</TD></TR><TR><TD class=dealerlocation>NOTTING HILL</TD></TR><TR><TD class=dealerlocation>VIC, 3168</TD></TR><TR><TD class=dealerlocation>Australia</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD class=dealerlocation>Phone: 61 3 9540 0722</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Quote Originally Posted by mirz View Post

i am planning to install this one to get water from laundry to weeping tubes, with kids we almost use our washing machine twice a day, which will give us enough water to water our lawn twice a week:
    http://www.justwheeliebins.com.au/ep...omewaterbowser
    When you say you'll water the lawn twice a week, do you intend to store water until you are going to use it, as you should use it within 24 hours.

I've been looking at this for a couple of customers, but it doesn't seem to have any filters in it? So any lint etc in you washing machine water will end up in your pump or blocking your weepers.

The picture of the sprinklers on the lawn is a bit dodgy too, as its generally accepted that grey water should be distributed below ground.

And am I right in thinking that it doesn't have an overflow pipe?

I won't recommend this system to any customers until I'm happy it isn't going to give them grief.
    Cheers, Richard

"... work to a standard rather than a deadline ..." Ticky, forum member.

Quote Originally Posted by rhancock View Post
    When you say you'll water the lawn twice a week, do you intend to store water until you are going to use it, as you should use it within 24 hours.

I've been looking at this for a couple of customers, but it doesn't seem to have any filters in it? So any lint etc in you washing machine water will end up in your pump or blocking your weepers.

The picture of the sprinklers on the lawn is a bit dodgy too, as its generally accepted that grey water should be distributed below ground.

And am I right in thinking that it doesn't have an overflow pipe?

I won't recommend this system to any customers until I'm happy it isn't going to give them grief.
    just to answer your concerns here:

1 - my Bosch washing machine has built-in lint filter, and i dont need extra filter after that.
    2 - so far using only water from washing machine.
    3 - there are no sprinklers (dont know from which pic you got idea that i have sprinklers) can you pls mention pic# with sprinklers
    4 - there is overflow pipe, its called flush valve, its orange one in pic. would you please explaing if your overflow pipe is different from Flush valve, thanks.
    5 - so far i have not found any trouble with keeping water upto 48 hours (but during this time we generaly take couple of buckets out every now and then to water pots plants).

My comments were not aimed necessarily at you, but were my observations on this particular system, and in particular that this company does not inspire enough confidence in me to allow me to reccommed it to clients.

The picture of the sprinklers is on the home page of the website - see picture below.

I can't see an orange outlet on the picture - do you mean the drain tap? If so, this seems to be used to drain the tank without using the pump. However none of the fittings they describe will stop the bin from overflowing if the hoses are blocked, or the grey water isn't used up quickly enough. What happens when the bin is full of water and you put more water into it? Obviously if you are diligent and always empty the water, then there won't be a problem, but it's an obvious flaw which is easy to correct.

I'm sure you haven't had any problem keeping your water for 48 hours, as long as you are aware that the rules are 24 hours only. I'm as happy as anyone else to bend the rules, but its important to know what the rules are and how far you're bending them.

Overall, I think this is a fantastic product, but it needs to be better implemented to convince me. In particular, adding a filter and an overflow outlet would be simple. Here's a good filter: http://www.tanksnake.com.au/

Of course I could add both of these myself, but that defeats the point of buying a prefabricated system, I mean I could easily create the whole system myself, although it wouldn't be purple!

Of all the grey water systems I've seen, I still think this is probably the best on the market, for the most realistic price, but it isn't quite up to my standards yet!
    Cheers, Richard

"... work to a standard rather than a deadline ..." Ticky, forum member.