Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seeking Advice

Quote Originally Posted by ubeaut View Post
    Fill the holes with clear casting resin and embed interesting stuff in them like redback or some gold painted stones, ring pulls from a can, almost anything you can think of. Makes for a great talking point and something a bit different.

I have one I with a couple of lifelike platypuses I carved and embedded in the resin. Have put all sorts of stuff in burl boles over the years.

Cheers - Neil
    Ive got a large redgum slab coffee table, made it before I knew anything and found this site. However we lost some good friends as they still dont beleive the frogs imbedded in the resin holes arent real but from a discony shop.
    I would love to grow my own food, but I can not find bacon seeds

I ran into a couple selling these at a local jamboree. They were beautiful and I asked what they used as a finish. They sprayed on catalized laquer. Looked fantastic and coated the bark too.
    When all is said and done, there is usually a whole lot more said than done.

Hi cisco, Thanks for the info on catalized lacquer will check it out.

Regards

Pal
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Albert Einstein

Quote From Neil
    You can however get a look on the table as though it is satin or even almost mat when viewed from above. Yet when you view it from a distance or from sitting in your lounge chair, it will reflect everything in the room in the top.

Not hard to do and in all honesty looks a great deal better, cleaner, brighter and classier than a plain satin or oiled finish. Not only would it look fantastic but it would have an absolutely amazing, almost sensual , silky soft, feel to the finish.
    How is this done?
    Tim