Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

[quote=tashammer]Thanks Cliff :-) Shame about the others missing out though, smirk, snigger and neener, neener. Anyway, just think with all the temperature change, then the mainland will be too hot too live, the sea levels will rise and flood most of the mainland, leaving a a few bits where you can burrow. Nice people, like Cliff, for instance, will be allowed to come and live in Tasmania and use the electricity generated by our hydro electric scheme which will, unfortunately, have no water in its storages due to the climate change - but who could have seen that happening, cough! There will be no politicians in Tasmania as they will have been eaten as food. After they have been puked up as food poisoning they will be used to drug fish. Unfortunately all the fish stocks would have been depleted even more by the excess fresh water entering the salt water oceans and seas. Mean time, Cliff will be over here and we will be enjoying a meal with him. After we have eaten him i will use the bones to make furniture and cut those bones up with my brand new fine Japanese hand saws. It would would seem most appropriate to cut his hands off first - but respectfully, of course. Oh we won't be able to use the tools on wood as the vicious and voracious bush fires would have destroyed all the vegetation. Happy days ahead, hey? This will all happen after my grandchildren have passed on without having children. (i wouldn't want this tale to be too gloomy now, would i?). :D P.S. If there is one thing i like, it's reading the ages of some of you. It's wonderful. Some of you are really, really old, ancient and battered. It's like being close to an old huon pine and thinking, "Gee, that has been there since time began". Tell you what though, the distance between 57 and 76 seems like nothing at all - age at this time seems ageless for us "oldies", but infinitely young for the those teens and twenties who feel like they will live forever but who don't know the treasure that awaits being ageless. PPS Please tell me how to get paras.[/quote]

Tas, what sorta glue r'ya usin' mate? :p
    Cliff.
    If you find a post of mine that is missing a pic that you'd like to see, let me know & I'll see if I can find a copy.

Put down any tools and step away from the bench..........................

Take a Bex?:p

Thank you for caring fellers. lolololololol. i had been reading some stuff about climate change and then i waxed all creative. :D Oh, about getting paragraphs. I do press the enter key at the end of the para but it all is clumped together anyway. If i try hitting the enter key twice then it comes up as if i had pressed the space bar twice.

Hmmm some strange things going on there. Is it just on this forum?

[quote=tashammer]Thanks Cliff :-) Shame about the others missing out though, smirk, snigger and neener, neener. Anyway, just think with all the temperature change, then the mainland will be too hot too live, the sea levels will rise and flood most of the mainland, leaving a a few bits where you can burrow. Nice people, like Cliff, for instance, will be allowed to come and live in Tasmania and use the electricity generated by our hydro electric scheme which will, unfortunately, have no water in its storages due to the climate change - but who could have seen that happening, cough! There will be no politicians in Tasmania as they will have been eaten as food. After they have been puked up as food poisoning they will be used to drug fish. Unfortunately all the fish stocks would have been depleted even more by the excess fresh water entering the salt water oceans and seas. Mean time, Cliff will be over here and we will be enjoying a meal with him. After we have eaten him i will use the bones to make furniture and cut those bones up with my brand new fine Japanese hand saws. It would would seem most appropriate to cut his hands off first - but respectfully, of course. Oh we won't be able to use the tools on wood as the vicious and voracious bush fires would have destroyed all the vegetation. Happy days ahead, hey? This will all happen after my grandchildren have passed on without having children. (i wouldn't want this tale to be too gloomy now, would i?). :D P.S. If there is one thing i like, it's reading the ages of some of you. It's wonderful. Some of you are really, really old, ancient and battered. It's like being close to an old huon pine and thinking, "Gee, that has been there since time began". Tell you what though, the distance between 57 and 76 seems like nothing at all - age at this time seems ageless for us "oldies", but infinitely young for the those teens and twenties who feel like they will live forever but who don't know the treasure that awaits being ageless. PPS Please tell me how to get paras.[/quote]

:eek::eek:

Perhaps I need to dull these saws before I send them....
    Retired member

Your boys are good Brendan, registered on your web site and they just rang me. Catalogue is on the way. Thanks..........

Better Give Tash the rubber blade version of the saws????

Ok Tas, it has been edited. Did you cut and paste it from Word?

ss_11000 is offline You've got to risk it to get the biscuit

congrats tashammer
    S T I R L O

congratulations Tashammer...
    If the saws ever need sharpening i will glady take them and sharpen them..

Dont plan on getting them back though:D :D :rolleyes:

Congrats..Dylan
    Cheers Dy.|a.n.....

If it dont fit... get a bigger hammer!!

[quote=]Ok Tas, it has been edited. Did you cut and paste it from Word?[/quote] Thanks No, i just typed it straight into the message box. There must be some setting i haven't set or unset. Tas.

I get that if I use the "quick reply" box... but not if I hit the "post reply" box

Soooo... yer the ravin git that done me outta them fine saws eh? :rolleyes: flamin tasweejin wakker!! :p friggin ell not even a bloody aussie!! a resident of the figgin pimple gets the fine things :mad: ... strewth whats the world comin to?? :( whats next? bein shanghaid to that git over in Tokyo? or upta Canada? heck maybe even over to that bod in the mountains buildin some house outta the forest up there in the good ol U S of A!!!! gawd fair suck of the sav mates!!! All us fair dinkum Aussies salavitatin an droolin and hasslin and frettin for some fine free saws and they go over to a git in the backwoods of the pimple?!!! STREWTH!!!! Its just not right I say!! :(

Really I won and your just jokin right? BRENDAN!!!! wheres me saws mate??? GAWD dont do this to a bloke!!! I mean I did win didnt I? eh? come on mate! seriously I won didnt I? :cool: Excellantoh!!! I will hang off the letterbox an wait for delivery cheers mate!! ;)

Seriously me ol Tassy bred mate well done... good score... fanbloodytastic :cool:

ruddy lucky git ;)
    Believe me there IS life beyond marriage!!! Relax breathe and smile learn to laugh again from the heart so it reaches the eyes!!

Hey Dingo

We hear so much over in the East about how the economy in the West is booming, esp in mining etc and you blokes are carrying is etc.....

Soooooo..... come on.....a bloke who has to go out to mines all the time should be rolling in the stuff. Help young Brendan out, unfurl that wad of fresh bills they gave you last time yu were at the mine and send one yellow, one orange and one blue to the poor lad and get [B]three bloody good saws.[/B]

I got mine yesterday and tested the edge on some wood last night (unlike Skew I managed not to test it on meat first!!!).

Cuts through Studley's hardwood like butter and straight.

So do yourself a favour - don't worry about not getting them for free; just get 'em for the best price around and enjoy.

Jeremy

PS I know you already have some Jap saws, but these are too good a bargain to miss out on and since when did the fact you have a tool mean you can't buy another?

PPS Welcome back, we missed you while the 'puter was keeping you silent
    Cheers

Jeremy
    If it were done when 'tis done, then 'twere well it were done quickly

Wild Dingo

I will make it hurt somemore - I am an Irish Pom as well, smirk, smirk, not even born here.

But, and it's a nice but. If you clean up all the sand in WA and sweep it all into the sea before next week end i will let you look at the saws one day.

There, isn't that nice? So be a good lad and start sweeping.

A tip, sweep north and the earths spin will fling more sand away. But be safe and wear something to protect your breathing, maybe a used pie bag might do. icon10.gif :-)

Congradulations Tashammer,

Just got back from Japan today and found out my lost is your gain. Enjoy your prize.

Cheers
    Sam

Got 'em! Touched them, patted them, made them go twang, touched the teeth and noted how sharp they were. Have them sitting on the dining table to i get to look at them as i go past.

Also got a Dyson clone vacuum cleaner - very quiet, works well, lucky i had another stainless steel tube - all these cleaners are made for short people.

Got a nice new little soldering iron as well.

The Postal Folks have been good to me today.

The saws look very good. I wonder, does getting used to the pull action take a bit of getting used to or is it easy to adapt?

Ah well, if i find that i just can't adapt due to shakey hands and arms then i could always give them away. Maybe the neighbour but he tends to wreck stuff.

Someone close by oughta buy Brendan a milk shake for his kindness.

Thanks again Brendan.