Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    South Oz, the big smokey bit in the middle

Quote Originally Posted by bitingmidge
    by the way, is a one-all draw playing Holland in a friendly a good thing?
    We held the third best country in the world and one of the favourites to be in the World Cup final to a draw. That's not too bad. Sure, it was a friendly but in the lead up to the WC, it's starting to get intense. Mind you, if we were to meet Holland DURING the WC, we might find the match is a wee bit more intense.

And Yah for Schartzer - tell that Bajic character to wait his turn.

Richard

Eddie Mcwho?:confused:

And for the hijackers among you, anyone remember the Three Stooges skit about Mrs Peddle's Poodle 'Puddle'?

Richard

Drop Bear Capital of Gippsland (Lang Lang) Vic Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Felder
    Some manner of hijack, Iain? I'll go along with you.....

Well I'm terribly sorry to hear that. The poodle bit, I mean.

I met a bloke on the weekend who calls himself Muffi. Didn't look like a 'Muffi' to me. Looked more like a 'Mad Dog'.
    Fifi, isn't that what thios thing is called, the soccer, fooball or whatever??:confused:
    No hijack, just do not like watching games:mad: .
    Football/cricket/etc etc is not a sport, it is a game, only pursuit of a live animal is a sport, such as fox hunting, fly fishing etc.
    Incidendely, the Poodle is regarded as being one of the most intelligent dogs bred today, just a pity about the haircut, which was originally brought about to prevent them from drowning whilst retrieving gamebirds.
    Stupidity kills. Absolute stupidity kills absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Iain
    , only pursuit of a live animal is a sport, such as fox hunting, fly fishing etc.
    Bitting chickens heads off etc.

Al

Quote Originally Posted by ozwinner
    Bitting chickens heads off etc.

Al
    No Al, that's art....................or music, contempory of course (coarse)

Quote Originally Posted by Sturdee

Why anyone would want to engage in any sport that involves a ball, be it kicking, throwing, hitting or cathing it, is beyond me. And watching others do it is even more silly.
    When I used to play rugby, in some of the games the ball was wholly incidental :eek: (especially when playing the French )

Quote Originally Posted by bitingmidge
    So far the scalpers prices for the tests are only $600

Cheers,

P
    Midge, if you bought a ticket from scalpers you would not only loose your money but you would go directly to jail according to an ABC radio report the other day.

Tickets are issued directly in your name and are not transferable. To gain entry to the ground you not only have to show your ticket but also your passport. The ticket is scanned first into the computer then checked against your passport.

If there is a discrepancy then you are immediately arrested under Germany's tough anti terrorist legislation where 7 days later you may front a magistrate where you will have to prove that you are not a terrorist. Not as easy as you are deemed guilty by breaking the law and using a ticket that was not issued to you as only terrorists would try to get in under false pretences.

Remember in most of Europe you have to prove your innocence, unlike here where the police have to prove your guilt beyond reasonable doubt.

Only idiots would buy scalped tickets.:mad:

Peter.

Fifi, isn't that what this thing is called, the soccer, fooball or whatever??:confused:
    No, the World cup is run by FIFA, the international federation of footbal associations.

Peter.

the international federation of footbal associations.
    Wouldn't that be IFFA?
    Is there anything easier done than said?
    - Stacky. The bottom pub, Cobram.

Quote Originally Posted by DanP
    Wouldn't that be IFFA?
    Nah Dan, in reality the name's in french which is why it's all ar.se about ... er, not trying to imply anything about the french or anything

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Dickyboy
    not trying to imply anything about the french or anything
    Why not? The frogs need any and all shyte that can be levelled at them.

Dan
    Is there anything easier done than said?
    - Stacky. The bottom pub, Cobram.

Football/cricket/etc etc is not a sport, it is a game, only pursuit of a live animal is a sport, such as fox hunting, fly fishing etc.

sport
    ( P ) Pronunciation Key (spôrt, sprt)
    n.
      1. Physical activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively.
      2. A particular form of this activity.
    1. An activity involving physical exertion and skill that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often undertaken competitively.
    2. An active pastime; recreation.
      1. Mockery; jest: He made sport of his own looks.
      2. An object of mockery, jest, or play: treated our interests as sport.
      3. A joking mood or attitude: She made the remark in sport.
      1. One known for the manner of one's acceptance of rules, especially of a game, or of a difficult situation: a poor sport.
      2. Informal. One who accepts rules or difficult situations well.
      3. Informal. A pleasant companion: was a real sport during the trip.
    3. Informal.
      1. A person who lives a jolly, extravagant life.
      2. A gambler at sporting events.
    4. Biology. An organism that shows a marked change from the normal type or parent stock, typically as a result of mutation.
    5. Maine. See summercater. See Regional Note at summercater.
    6. Obsolete. Amorous dalliance; lovemaking.
    Photo Gallery

I like #9 Hello thailor......................
    Modern sport hunting
    In time, this aristocratic type of hunting lost its roots as a source of food and supplies, while retaining its prestigious nature as a sport, eagerly adopted by the rising middle class or bourgeoisie. Generally this also took two separate paths, recreational and trophy hunting. Although skilled recreational hunters may choose to become more selective hunters in attempts at taking a good representative animal, many people hunt not only to kill but to enjoy the outdoors in a way so few ever experience.

And, Auld Bassoon, Leather Balls???????

If there is a discrepancy then you are immediately arrested under Germany's tough anti terrorist legislation where 7 days later you may front a magistrate where you will have to prove that you are not a terrorist. Not as easy as you are deemed guilty by breaking the law and using a ticket that was not issued to you as only terrorists would try to get in under false pretences.
    Now here's the thing... I was comparing the price of genuine World Cup Soccer tickets ($1,800) with scalped Ashes Test Melbourne ($600) and obtusely making the point that if the Aus Cricket Board were fair dinkum about charging for seats, scalpers wouldn't have a chance.

BUT: you've raised an interesting point or two.

I remember the days when they used to limit beer going into the ground to a carton PER person, and they had trouble counting them then!

Last year in Bris, I arrived, got let into the ground and asked to stand in line to have my bagged checked by security (inside the ground), there were a dozen lines going up to a picnic table, and after a few minutes with 20 people or so in front of me, I simply turned and left. No jail, no passport check.

HOWEVER: This is the only country that I'm aware of where a passport isn't recognised as identification. Try opening a bank account with only a passport if you don't believe me.

I can see a time where to get into the cricket we'll have to lob up with a passport, videoflicks membership card, two credit cards and a reference from the butcher.

Makes watching tele look better all the time.

cheers,

P

Quote Originally Posted by Daddles
    We held the third best country in the world and one of the favourites to be in the World Cup final to a draw. That's not too bad. Sure, it was a friendly but in the lead up to the WC, it's starting to get intense. Mind you, if we were to meet Holland DURING the WC, we might find the match is a wee bit more intense.

And Yah for Schartzer - tell that Bajic character to wait his turn.

Richard

Eddie Mcwho?:confused:
    In reality we were a class below and it showed.

As for Bajic (Kalac is his name), those two have been at it since they were kids. Both the same age and both would be sitting behind Bosnich if the coke and women did not take hold.

That's the first game I can say that Schwartzer had a blinder. He certainly stood up, but IMHO he makes too many mistakes to be considered a top class keeper. I hope we do well but somehow I dont think so. Our defence is quite simply crap. If that was sured up, we would have a chance.

Until then we will rely on getting lucky or more to the point the other side being unlucky. Uruguay should have buried us in Sydney but missed the only real chances of the game. Though, given our history, it was time we had some luck.

Lets hope that we do well. A top 16 finish would be a fantastic effort.