Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shed options

You mean you werent muckin about? Your dinkum about that cost?
    Strewth I think someones taking him to the cleaners though cause Id think even for Stinkney thats gotta be high?

Anyways not to belay the point... All the best to the old fella mate may he have years and years of enjoyment in it.

oooooh hey I got it!! thats the shed, pad, electrics, insulation AND tools right? RIGHT!! now that puts a whole new light on the cost... yep with the tools I bought included 30K is about right on the money... but do try to convince him to stay away from orange stuff okay
    Believe me there IS life beyond marriage!!! Relax breathe and smile learn to laugh again from the heart so it reaches the eyes!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Dingo View Post
    You mean you werent muckin about? Your dinkum about that cost?
    Strewth I think someones taking him to the cleaners though cause Id think even for Stinkney thats gotta be high?

30 grand sounds about right to me....

My slab...10m x 9m set me back about $7000... though that did include levelling the site wich required excavation of about a meter deep. And from memory they bored about 10 or more 600mm plylons, a couple of which were nearly 2m deep (this slab aint gunna budge ). Plus this price included going behind the shed companies back and doing a deal with the concretor for cash (they would have added their little bit)

The shed which is 6.9m x 9m x 2.7m colorbond with a 3m wide leanto on the 9m side. It also has a 2100mm glass sliding door, a roller door, 2 x 1100mm windows and skylights. This cost roughly 14 to 15 grand fully errected. I got heaps of quotes and this was by no means the cheapest ( I opted for a better quality construction) but was no where near the priciest either.

So...so far its cost me $21k to $22K.

Now we have to add electrics. I got mine done for the cost of the equipment, because I did most of the work myself and had a sparky mate help me finish it. The electrics came in at roughly just under a $1K. This includes a 40m run to connect the new sub board + lighting + power points. I would hate to think how much this would have cost me if I paid someone to do it.

Lining I did myself with cheap 12mm MDF (no insulation) so only cost around $300...again this would cost truck loads more if I paid a tradey to do it.

So at somewhere between $22,000 to $23,000 for mine. I could easily see how if you paid someone to do it from scratch and you didnt just choose the basic shed it would set you back 30 large plus.

Things must be pretty cheep out your way Ding

cheers
    BD

I'm getting closer to a final design.

Slab floor. There is a lot of sub surface rock so stump footings will most likely be a pain. I can prepare the site pretty easy so should be a quick job to get someone in to form and pour it. I can keep the building lower if I use a slab.

Size is going to be 10x6. This leaves me with a workshop size about 6x6 which is about as big as my double garage, a 2x4m storage room and a 4x4m hobby room. The store room should cut down on the need for much storage in the main workroom giving me the full area to work in.

Timber framed. Can do this myself so just cost of timber and hardware. I know a couple of builders so they should be able to order it for me at trade rates.

Internal linings - gyprock with wall and ceiling batts. No probs doing this myself. Maybe need a extra set of hands for the roof (better budget for a few snags and a couple of slabs beer)

External cladding - colourbond roof. Weathertex boards. Once again, no problems doing the weathertex. I know a good plumber who I can labour for while the roof/plumbing is done.

Electrics - any many powerpoints as possible!!!

Roof framing - would like to have a go at a hip roof, will look better than a gable where I'm putting it.

Any advice of whether I should scratch build the roof of just order trusses?