Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ss_11000 is offline You've got to risk it to get the biscuit

Quote Originally Posted by dai sensei View Post
    Ah yes perhaps, but if you haven't read the books, you don't know the sequence nor have any expectations.
    fair enough regarding the sequence but alot of it isnt explained so people will understand why these things are happerning or what they are...
    S T I R L O

Quote Originally Posted by Wongo View Post
    ?
    Actually I have never read a story book in my life.
    What ... you mean Harry Potter's just a story

The worst movie I ever saw for not being able to tell the books story and was a total loss if you had not read the book was " Catah 22" Fantastic book ...but the movie
    Ashore

The trouble with life is there's no background music.

Quote Originally Posted by ss_11000 View Post
    how hard can it be to keep consistency in a series of movies, and follow the books???

why would you change things form one movie to another??? its not like cities move from a couple of square KM to a little block . why would you rearrange the order of sequence, add irrelevent things and not include important things.

if i hadn't read the book, it would have been a very confusing movie

oh well, the books are awesome, guess that makes up for the crappy movies
    I agree with you Stirlo
    The lastest movie would be almost impossible to follow whats going on if you havent read the book.

I know they need to condense the story, and due to that a little poetic license is taken with the plot. But with this latest one they have taken the longest book and made the shortest movie .

I saw an interview with one of the actors who plays one of the major characters...in this interview he said, he had never read the books and never intended too. The intererview was for one of the earlier movies...but IMHO it reflects the way he has potrayed that character in all the movies of this series he has been in. Im not sayin he's a bad actor...he just does'nt play the character as he appears in the book (IMO ). I think this illustrates why (in this case anyway)the books differ so much from the movies. They are made buy people who really are'nt die hard fans of the books...its just a job..... and in doing that job they inject they're own personality and sometimes egotisical visions of how something should be done.

These people pretty much know they have a license to print money with this franchise so staying absolutely true to the story probably is'nt on the list of priorities...which IMHO is letting the fans of the books down, just a little bit the fans are after all are the ones who pay to go see these movies.

I also disagree that movies made from books are never as good as the books... IMHO the movie "Fight Club" was way better than the book. So it can be done

Regardless of what some of the the grumpy old buggers around here say...the Harry Potter series will be considered a classic, once all the young fans grow up to be income spending adults

cheers
    BD

The movie "Three Days of the Condor" (spy stuff, Robert Redford et al. about 35 years ago) was based on the book "Six Days of the Condor." Would have been difficult to compress the 6 days' adventure into the shorter attention span available to movie viewers. I thought it was faithful enough, and at least they had the decency to change the title.

Joe
    Of course truth is stranger than fiction.
    Fiction has to make sense. - Mark Twain

ss_11000 is offline You've got to risk it to get the biscuit

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Dog View Post
    I agree with you Stirlo cool
    The lastest movie would be almost impossible to follow whats going on if you havent read the book.

I know they need to condense the story, and due to that a little poetic license is taken with the plot. But with this latest one they have taken the longest book and made the shortest movie . i didnt get that either

I saw an interview with one of the actors who plays one of the major characters...in this interview he said, he had never read the books and never intended too. The intererview was for one of the earlier movies...but IMHO it reflects the way he has potrayed that character in all the movies of this series he has been in. yeah, some characters are just not what you would think they would be aye

Regardless of what some of the the grumpy old buggers around here say...the Harry Potter series will be considered a classic, once all the young fans grow up to be income spending adults the book series already is, one of the best things about it is that it is suitable for all ages ( that can read lol )

cheers
    BD
    cheers
    S T I R L O