Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

That might happen if we have another world war.
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com

I am also sorry that this is not about woodwork and equally flippant.

I saw heaven standing open - the last person there forgot to lock up

and there before me was a white horse - obviously a reference to the horse with no name

whose rider is called Faithful and True. - this is just the most ridiculous name ever, what's his surname for crying out loud?

With justice he judges and makes war. - well of course, let's all pass a bit of judgement and start our own war

His eyes are like blazing fire, - stoned

and on his head are many crowns. - that would just look plain ridiculous

He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. - I thought his name was Faithful and True, what has he forgotten already? War does that I suppose

He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, - Ever heard of OMO? Or maybe Nappisan for those stubborn stains

and his name is the Word of God. - Hold on, I thought his name was Faithful and True? and then no-one knew? Is this done by deed poll?

The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean - This is obviously a reference to psychiatric nurses
    There was a young boy called Wyatt
    Who was awfully quiet
    And then one day
    He faded away
    Because he overused White

Floorsanding in Canberra and Albury.....

What about pen turning, poetry, Harry porter, P plate drivers, Indian telemarketers, the Mormon, … Lets ban them all.

Jail every Domino owner and execute every Triton user.
    Visit my website at www.myFineWoodWork.com

Hold on, I thought his name was Faithful and True? and then no-one knew? Is this done by deed poll?
    According to this page, he is clearly Jesus. Clearly? If it was Jesus, why didn't they just say so? Dunno why they have to shroud all this stuff in mystery. No wonder there are so many arguments...
    "I don't practice what I preach because I'm not the kind of person I'm preaching to."

Why would He make his re-appearance in this forum? This just don't add. Is it Friday or something? Isn't White Horse a brand of hard liquor? So many questions.... ".........coming in wrath upon the earth" I can understand that bit. I would toooooo...
    1st in Woodwork (1961)

I've managed to scare away the Jehova's Witnesses; I've beaten the letterbox-droppers by threatening to beat the bejehovas out of them if they ever litter my box again; I've sooled the do-not-call registry on to the local real estate agent, and I've trapped sufficient stray cats to send Wongo to weight-watchers for a year. I'm just managing to get my environment to conform to my liking, when along comes a proselytising prude who considers it necessary to pollute my favourite woodwork site with his prattle and religious superstition.

I'm not going to argue with you. My religious and moral views, if I have any, are mine. I'll live by them, but I wont inflict them on someone else, and I'll thank you to show me the same respect.
    Visit my website
    Website
    Facebook

Well some people have way too much time on their hands (maybe I should get some of you to test drive a website Im working on), anyway this is a link from the site which does the bible translations to someone whose wholesome story is about being cured of homosexuality - go figure!!
    Who was awfully quiet
    And then one day
    He faded away

Quote Originally Posted by silentC View Post
    .....Dunno why they have to shroud all this stuff in mystery....
    What sort of bible would it be if all it said was ....Be Good... I mean who would buy a book with just two words in it? How long would a sermon go if all the preacher could say was " And God besoke us and he said unto the punters ... BE GOOD...." - no money in that endeavour!
    Who was awfully quiet
    And then one day
    He faded away

Quote Originally Posted by Zed View Post
    lets just ban religion.

Zed for PM
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor
    Grafton

Maybe some lurker could register as Silent_No_Longer? It would be a great screen name I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by glock40sw View Post
    Zed for PM
    gotta be better then the monkey we have now
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

My Other Toys

Quote Originally Posted by craigb View Post
    Maybe some lurker could register as Silent_No_Longer? It would be a great screen name I reckon.
    I always like the idea of calling myself silent_majority
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

My Other Toys

Quote Originally Posted by craigb View Post
    No thanks. One silent is more than enough.
    Visit my website at www.myFineWoodWork.com

According to this page, he is clearly Jesus.
    Why would He make his re-appearance in this forum?
    Because it's a woodwork forum and he was a Carpenter

I really don't care for religion, as far as I am concerend it is for the weak of mind but I don't try and push my beliefs on others so I wish they would stop trying t do it to me. Ban relgious signatures I say, it is just another form of door knocking and is wasting bandwidth .

Quote Originally Posted by Burnsy View Post
    Ban relgious signatures I say, it is just another form of door knocking and is wasting bandwidth .
    So what you are saying is, freedom of speech for all unless you don't agree with it?

I wasn't going to respond to this thread, which of course was the option open to you all, but how is this a greater waste of time than reading pen threads ad nauseum?

I think we should compromise:
    Zed for Pope!

P