Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by ptyltd
    I'm going to jump in here with a question if I can folks. I have just put down 50m2 of Ironbark 19mm T&G straight onto joists. Clearance to ground is at least 400mm to the bottom of the bearer so probably about 600mm to the bottom of the floor. The 3 sides of the extension are all open so should be plenty of ventilation to the subfloor area. If I get a bit of water runoff going under the house (which might take a few days to dry off) is this going to present similar problems with my T&G?

The reason I ask is the existing place used to get a fair bit of water running under the house with big rains and the old T&G seem fine for it. Whilst I have done some temp stormwater measures I wasn't going to do them proper till a bit later (in hindsight I should have done them prior to the subfloor being built but as I wanted to incorporate bloocks etc. around the perimiter - there is a slight site cut - I was leaving this till last) thus some water will occasionly run under the house over the new T&G floors. I guess I am asking is it OK to leave like this for a few months?
    G'day.
    I'd be inclined to cut a temporary spoon drain around the perimiter to minimise the under floor moisture ingress. After all, it's better to do it now than have the floor fail later on.
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor
    Grafton

Because you have 3 sides that are open, you will have enough subfloor ventilation to carry of any relative humidity out. However it would be safe to astrevor sugested to dig a spoon drain around the house to redirect any ponding away from the cavity.