Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

A bit touchy but the age of consent in the UK not all that long ago (40 years before I was born) was 13 years, they weren't call paedolphiles then. So one day they are citizens and the next they are not.
    woody U.K.

"Common looking people are the best in the world: that is the reason the Lord makes so many of them." ~ Abraham Lincoln

There's a lot to be said for ye olde stocks or pillorys, especially when set up in a dark, secluded alley close to a vege market or quarry.
    I may be weird, but I'm saving up to become eccentric.

- Andy Mc

Quote Originally Posted by jow104 View Post
    A bit touchy but the age of consent in the UK not all that long ago (40 years before I was born) was 13 years, they weren't call paedolphiles then. So one day they are citizens and the next they are not.
    They were the laws of the day, so therefore they weren't paedophiles then. The point is that these lowlifes knowingly commit acts which are illegal and unnaceptable to the society they live in.

Mick
    "If you need a machine today and don't buy it,

tomorrow you will have paid for it and not have it."

- Henry Ford 1938

And of course against consent.

Could you imagine the situation where the age is risen to 30 years of age
    woody U.K.

"Common looking people are the best in the world: that is the reason the Lord makes so many of them." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by MurrayD99 View Post
    I heard an amazing statement from a former attorney-general here (well, attributed to him) that prison is nothing to do with punishment... that society has moved on.
    Thats cause the people in there get it to bloody easy

Tv's, swimming pools, pool tables, basketball nets, etc etc
    We need to go back to the old days, if your in a maximum security prison you do Hard time. Stuff all these bloody do-gooder people out there trying to save their souls, they did the crime......( oh thats right.....it's not their fault................ cause they had a hard up bringing........didum's)
    Call the new prison 'Hell' and and work the inmates all day everyday, no rights for any inmate for the first 5 years.

Watch the crime rate drop. Motto for the new prison,
    If you don't want to be a part of society, well have you for a long long time.
    100% of all non-smokers die

I know very little about the crime apart from the permanent mental trauma it leaves on the victims.

I am trying to understand whether it is the sexual act, the predatory behaviour, the guilt felt by the victim, all of the above and probably other aspects.

If the trauma to the victim is caused by things apart from the sexual act, would castration necessarily reduce further attacks?

Is it the sexual urge of the offender that causes them to commit the crime or is it some bizarre psychological buzz that they get from attacking the kids?

I have heard it stated that sexual urges are not the main factor in rape but an urge to have control.

I am not going soft on these #$%^@ by any means, it's just that I'd hate to apply a solution to this terrible problem that was ineffective.
    - Wood Borer

Well said Borer,

You have outlined a reasoned submission, no doubt, but what's the harm in castrating the mongrels. I would have thought that the combination of continued urges with no equipment to use would be a suitable punishment.

I'm sorry, but when it comes to these mongrels, my reason flies out the window and I become one of the mob. Despite any requirements I may have had, I could never have represented one of these things. They are truly despicable individuals.

Thanks for your words Boban.

I agree wholeheartedly about the castration but I was fearful that just castrating them and then letting them loose may not stop further crimes.

Perhaps the options are only keeping them in gaol or executing them.

I appreciate your reluctance to represent them.
    - Wood Borer

there are female ones as well, so castrating them ?????????
    woody U.K.

The scariest bit for me is the statistic that the bulk of these offences are commited by people known to the victim. So its messing with the trust of familial or similar relationships. The perpertrators are almost exclusively male, brothers, fathers, uncles, etc.

Castration isnt only sending Mr Johnson to the sausage factory. My understanding is that chemical castration also inhibits libido for a while but there are ethical issues as well. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemical_castration

I know its impossible to personally vet every person my boys come into contact with, but sometimes I want to. We have had serious talks about what is appropriate, hope it works,

Sebastiaan
    "We must never become callous. When we experience the conflicts ever more deeply we are living in truth. The quiet conscience is an invention of the devil." - Albert Schweizer

My blog. http://theupanddownblog.blogspot.com

The vast majority are men though. Get rid of all wedding tackle and give em a catheter. Chop their fingers off, and glue a big prosthetic nose and skull cap on them and send them to Iraq.
    Mick

avantguardian

Quote Originally Posted by Wood Borer View Post
    I know very little about the crime apart from the permanent mental trauma it leaves on the victims.

I am trying to understand whether it is the sexual act, the predatory behaviour, the guilt felt by the victim, all of the above and probably other aspects.

If the trauma to the victim is caused by things apart from the sexual act, would castration necessarily reduce further attacks?

Is it the sexual urge of the offender that causes them to commit the crime or is it some bizarre psychological buzz that they get from attacking the kids?

I have heard it stated that sexual urges are not the main factor in rape but an urge to have control.

I am not going soft on these #$%^@ by any means, it's just that I'd hate to apply a solution to this terrible problem that was ineffective.

It is purely a power thing.

I say let's give it to them ALL 240 Volts of it or what ever level is required to ensure it can't happen again.

Capital Punishment = NO repeat offenders.

With the proviso - capital punishment can only be used if the offender has been caught in the situation - absolutely no possibility the offender is innocent - not on circumstantial evidence or false/vexatious accusation. eg Martin Bryant.

Quote Originally Posted by les88 View Post
    give them a choice incarceration or castration
    les
    Why give them a choice, did they give their victims a choice?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingermick
    I too am against capital punishment on principle
    I wonder if you would feel that way if your wife or child was brutally sexually attacked and murdered.
    Sorry but I am with wongo on this one, If they are dead, they wont offend again.
    I know if it was a child of mine who had been murdered, I would be in favour of the death sentence. No hesitation.
    Reality is no background music.
    Cheers John

Just because I'm not in favour of the system killing people doesn't mean that I wouldn't kill any bastardo who hurt my children.
    Mick

avantguardian

I agree with (I think) the majority on here. Hang em high. I have no qualms about killing these scum.
    And i would happily pull the lever or flick the switch myself.
    If it was my family that was harmed then they wouldn't even make it to trial.
    I don't like the idea of locking them away for the rest of their lives.
    Apart from them living in relative comfort we are paying for that.

Edit: A bit strong maybe, but these scum really make my blood boil.
    Those were the droids I was looking for.
    https://autoblastgates.com.au