Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Mr Brush,
    Yes the Kunos white come is the little sample pot sizes. As do all the other colours/stains.
    Tea lady,
    Maybe time to come and visit. You are not far.
    AlexS
    Try it next time without diluting it. You will be surprised at the result. Actually when you see the sq mt rates of the various coats, it isn’t as expensive as you think.
    Livos Australia

<O</O

Thanks Angela - that makes it easy to give the stuff a try

Alex - fortunately I already have some of the kunos thinners, so I'll use that as you suggest. That reminds me; I need to top up supplies of Ubeaut white shellac at the WWW show in Sydney !

I've never been really sure how the kunos thinners is intended to be used. One person told me that the first coat of livos oil should be thinned 50:50 with their thinners then subsequent coats used full strength, but others have told me there is no need to do this? I believe Bungendore gallery sell little pots of thinned livos oil for maintenance of pieces they have sold.

Mr Brush, Yes it the Kunos white and other stains are available in the small sample pot sizes.
    Tea Lady, maybe it is time for a visit. We are in your neck of the woods.
    AlexS, Good to hear. Have you tried it without diluting it? You may be pleasantly surprised. When you work out the coverage rate (especially over large areas/projects) it is actually very economical.
    Dilution is good if you were to spray it.
    Livos Australia

<O</O

OK I need a holiday or new glasses. for the life of me I thought I replied then didn't even see it. apologies for the double post.
    Livos Australia

<O</O

The thinner is used to dilute the product to make it easier to spray, depending on the type of spraying device one has.
    There is the perception too that by diluting it, the oil penetrates depeer. In actual fact it just dilutes the oil/wax/resin. If you dont sand the first coat too fine, then cut inbetween the coats with finer paper, one is able to achieve better penetration and a glossier fine furniture feel and look.
    Livos Australia

<O</O