Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Locate the file in the file management in Windows, Windows Explorer in xp and My Computer in Win 7 (I think as I use xplorer2). When you have found the file either by drilling down through the directories or doing a search, right click on it and at the bottom of the context menu select properties, a box appears and the size of the file is in that box. As for the behaviour of Outlook, I don't use it preferring other email programs but they all have issues of one kind or another.
    CHRIS

Size of file = 879MB.

Tried saving e mails and addresses but saved as gobbledegook.
    Current state after following directions here: scanpst.exe and .pst files are saved to desktop. scanpst will not open becauseOLMAP132.dLL is missing?

Graham

I believe it should be fine to 2GB. The repair option in control panel obviously didn't help then?
    ---

Visit my blog The Woodwork Geek to see what I've been up to or follow my ramblings on Twitter

Time to show Windows who is boss I guess. The next step depends on your idea of what is important, ditch the whole file or maybe you can do a restore at a point before it happened. I suppose if you have not been able to use it there should in theory be no loss of data. Mind you there may be other avenues to explore as I know nothing of Outlook.
    CHRIS

All the data is still there. I have tried 2 restores- didn't work.
    if i could find a way to save the emails (followed directions here but no joy) i would uninstall outlook and reload Microsoft Office enterprise 2007.

Graham

All back to normal now. Thank you for the advice.
    Uninstalled Microsoft office Enterprise 2007 (at first it didn't want to go).
    Then reloaded MOE 2007. Strangely enough my e mails and address book were as i left them. Maybe this is because I did a back-up?

Thanks again everyone.

Graham