Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

We always had great fun flying kites in New Zealand. Our house backed on to Trentham School so we had no problems in getting on to the oval.

We tried to fly them in Australia but it just wasn't the same. Some great memories though Thanks Wongo.

Skew

cheers
    Wendy

When I was a kid you could always tell when it was the 2nd week of school holidays - the kites were out. Frames made from pine split from fruit boxes, covered in brown paper, tail from old stockings. Great fun kite-fighting.
    Visit my website
    Website
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by AlexS View Post
    When I was a kid you could always tell when it was the 2nd week of school holidays - the kites were out. Frames made from pine split from fruit boxes, covered in brown paper, tail from old stockings. Great fun kite-fighting.
    It took a week to build the kites??
    Les

If he was anything like me, it took a week to pick runs in Mum's stockings so she'd throw 'em out. I could've done it quicker but being caught & stuck indoors for the rest of the week as punishment was rather self-defeating.
    I may be weird, but I'm saving up to become eccentric.

- Andy Mc

Scot and Jasmine... thanks for the memories mate and little hoonmatess!

Kites are banned here have been since me an Aaron and the twins built 4 of the biggest meanest bestest ubloodybeaut kites EVER!! and promptly destroyed every arial in the district!! :eek: well I did have this penchant for making them with thin ali and sharpening the frames I mean its no fun without challenges now is it?! And what better challenge than to see how many arials you can cut with a kite!!

seriously the end came when Yaz and Mels kites soared outta control into the OPEN front french doors of the house next door and promptly ripped through the old dears china doll collection :eek: poor kids didnt know what hit them when she came hurtling out the doors with the kites in her hands rainin all sorts of terror and mayhem on their small young noggins no sence of humor or fun that ol duck I tell yer!

Anyway... I just wanted to say you can share as much of your own childhood with your nippers cause you will NEVER run out of them!! see its the differences that make your own childhood so much more fun and interesting... till they reach 15 or so then its "ooh there goes dad again on an on an on about when I was a nipper we did this and we did this yammer yammer yammer" Man thats a sad day that one So enjoy it Scot share as much as you can cause even though she will get to that age she will ALWAYS remember the fun times when dad took an interest in showing her his childhood

Yaz and Mel our eldest (twins) have since gaining the brilliant age of 24 have finally come back to thinking dad is just the greatest thing since sliced bread and actually surprise of surprises does know something!! And thats a good day!! presently Ive got 3 who have now come round to believing or almost believing Im actually real and did have a childhood some time back just after prehistoric man Ive got a few who disbelive every word that I utter and a couple who listen to my yarns with the thrall of something so alien so different to their little lives that its just "AMAZIN DAD" so Im in a pretty good place... just as you are mate
    Believe me there IS life beyond marriage!!! Relax breathe and smile learn to laugh again from the heart so it reaches the eyes!!