Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

WA decker - if you were to flip design No. 4 over so that lower part of the deck design is on the right you would almost have the same deck I'm in the middle of building. Except mine is around 3 metres off ground level in certain areas and supported (by a steel beam) over my water tank.

I'm just about ready to start laying my merbau decking, once it stops raining (which we need as we don't have town water).

Here's an idea of the plans, the actual measurements are different now and their have been several other minor changes. I have also recently contemplated modifying the front to incorporate a similar decking design to that which you have drawn (you've saved me from drawing them to show the boss, thanks ).

If you want I can get some better and more recent photo's from above, looking down onto the joists? Better pics will also show you how I over came your decking over hang issue (not shown in the below pic).

Hey Chili - I like the way the deck hides the water tank.

I know quite a few ppl who are getting big tanks installed and then trying to hide them.

A deck is often a great way to do it. me thinks deck builders are going to have lots of work going as people get more tanks LOL!

Doog