Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

the aprentices revenge.

rubbed up the wrong way by a certain #$%&@ tradesman.
    on that tradesmans next RDO
    A felow aprentice went to coles on his smoko & came back via the canteen collecting two very large telecom issue type teapots full of boiling water.

emptied several packets of jelly crystals into said teapots & stured.

sealed with tape then filled said tradesmans drawer with very strong jelly solution.

next day......

Talking apprentices

one of the waitresses at a local restaurant was sent across the street to another restaurant to get a bucket of steam from their kitchen..............

[i]It wasn't until they showed the TV ads to the managing director that the campaign stalled. This wise and experienced man carefully explained to the marketing team that Cod Pieces wasn't a good brand name.

(Free tin of Max Factor Knacker Lacquer to the first BB member who knows why . . . )

Col [/B]
    The Poms should have known better..... for those that dont know a cod piece is the padded fitting that a gentleman used to wear outside his trews, strapped to the crotch. Black Adder did a great line of laughs on the sizes of some of these.

Anyway, result, the appropriate bits are now called your 'cods'
    If its got big teeth it eats meat, That includes power saws.

I'm ex Air force and in one shop we lined the seargents drawer with plastic, added gravel, weeds water

and a goldfish!!!

Another guy went on leave so we drilled out the rivets on his locker, layed it on its back and filled it with packing material (either foam beads or vermiculite), replaced the rivets and put it back. I dont think he ever worke out how we did that one....

Another guy, his boots REEEEAAALLLLY Stank! When he went on leave he left them beside his locker rather than in it. a couple of four inch nails per boot (woode floor) and then about a litre of plaster of paris in each GP and wait.

Part of my time was working at the Police Dog section and we had a young air cadet arrive,turn into the front path and stop. We watched the penny drop and he started back teh way he had come. The section is way out the back of the base and it would have been a two mile round trip. In summer! Called him back and asked what was going on to find out he had been sent all round the base by a particularly nasty sod of a seargent, one section after another looking for a cleaning agent called "K9P". We got one of those yellow topped specimen bottles, filled it with lemon cordial essense and gave him a lift back tot he section.

While he was on route, rang a mate in hte section he had started from and told him what was going on. He told me later what happened. He contrived to be with the seargent when this kid got back and passed over the bottle. Seargent looks, asks what it is and is told K9P. Worried now, he asks where it came from. Dog section. The look of instant revulsion apparently changed one of "how the F did they do that?" What topped it all off and set the mongrel running for the dunny whas when mick opened the bottle, took a sniff and a sip and said yepo thats what it was alright.
    If its got big teeth it eats meat, That includes power saws.

Ever nailed a 50 cent piece to the footpath with a stainless nail?

Back in the days when you got paid in a Commonwealth Bank envelope, some guys working on a multi storey building in Sydney, used to add some cut up paper and a few washers, and drop one onto George Street. Interesting how one bloke kicked it around the corner before picking it up and doing a runner.

Gag stopped when a very pregnant woman climbed the 6 flights of stairs to return it to the foreman's office
    In Jus Voco Spurius
    http://www.metalbashatorium.com

Rob

Your free tin of MFKL can be collected at your leisure - drop round any time

I reckon the worst stunt we ever pulled when I was a sprog engineer back in England - many moons ago(!) - was one Christmas when we nailed a kipper to the underside of the chief draughtsman's desk late on Christmas Eve. The offices were then closed until January the 2nd. Because it was mid-winter, the central heating was left on through the week's break and the resultant pong when we all returned was wondrous to behold!

The chief draughstman wasn't blessed with a sense of humour and, although he couldn't prove that our small group of trainees had done the dirty deed, he sent us off to the general manager's office to be suitably admonished. This might have been a good idea except for the fact that the GM did have a sense of humour and - in the middle of administering the required bollocking - he start to chuckle. We all wound up laughing ourselves silly in the GM's office. He then swore us to secrecy and sent us back to work.

Happy days!

Col

Talking welding shop tricks

used to hook the negative lead from the TIG welder to the metal stool leg, when an arc was struck the current would run through the chair and into the operator....high freq low votage was attention getter but mostly harmless....

also would weld coins to a plate of steel and heat up the plate good and toasty and watch the lame brains try to pick up the coins....

In high school shop class I held the oxy-acetylene hoses between my feet under the table as the instructor tried to show how to set the torch up, I would squeeze the hoses and release them .....the instructor never did figure out why the torch wouldn't hold a steady flame....

Used to be a telecommuniations rigger. one of the team leaders was ex air force and used to wear his old GP boots instead of saftey caps. we got off that he kept lying to the boss and getting way with this (we used to climb in dunlop volleys but the boss jacked up one day...) so we spray painted his boots,tools, toolbox and saftey helmet bright and shiny silver. the next day we had to work on a construction site didnt we ??? needless to say "YMCA" was heard all over the site in his presence - he soon got some new boots by the way. After all this we explained to the boss what had happened - he just laughed and realised that it was actually safer to climb in flexible soles (volleys) than in rigid capped boots!!!
    Zed

An electrolytic capacitor stuffed in the end of a 240v extension cord and left under some poor sod's chair. Wait until he's sat down & deep into his work, plug the cord into a GPO across the room and flick the switch on.

The capacitor explodes with a very loud bang and paints the legs of their jeans with bits of aluminium and the nasty yellow contents.

Probably seriously toxic and definitely not a good idea - but it was funny as hell at the time - 20 years ago now

Used to fold the leads down each side and then charge the old electo cap up to 375 Volts. Toss it to some one and watch them catch it... in more ways than one. ouch....

Drop Bear Capital of Gippsland (Lang Lang) Vic Australia

Also was in the RAAF and we would stretch glad wrap across the dunny bowl and lower the seat in the Officers dunny.
    I later got my commission and this was not bloody amusing!
    Stupidity kills. Absolute stupidity kills absolutely.

Default In a biochemistry lab

A new lab technician was asked to go down to the store and get a packet of fallopian tubes

Had a friend who worked at a company called Smith Brothers in Silvertown East London. The company processed the bits the abbatoirs didn't want and these bits used to arrive in large bins. Yep you guessed it, friend was thrown in bin which is basically a soup and it took about six weeks of hard scrubbing to remove the smell.

HH
    Always look on the bright side...

When I was an apprentice pattermaker they had couple that used to get all the apprentices.

No. 1
    As any one that has used shellac would know that methyelated spirits is used to dissolve shellac.

The trick was that you would get the apprentice to stick a large funnel in his belt in front of his stomach and get him to tip his head back and put a penny (pre decimal currency) on his forehead and then tip the penny into the funnel. You would be allowed to have a couple of attempts at it and while everyone was standing around so as to distract the apprentice while and on his third attempt while he had his head tipped back some one would tip half a bottle of methyelated spirits down the funnel.

Man did that make him jump when the metho hit his unlacquered knackers.

No 2
    Back then we had 2 lathes that operated off an overhead shaft with flat pulley belts and what they would do is cut a thin strip of timber about 3mm x 25mm x 900mm and slip it behind the pulley belt while you where away from the lathe.

When you came back and turned the lathe on it would pull the strip of timber down around the pulley and it would go off like a packet of tom thumb crackers and frighten the life out of you.

Although I am a bit late this is my contribution to this thread.

Go and get a set of pistons for a 12b rotary engine....

or

a raidiator for a Volswagon Beetle