Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Shed

Wood Borer,

Actually, Stinky does have a point. Not the one about hiring me for $20K - although I would not say no (might get my shed up this year)

I meant the one about doing the Duct Pipe DURING construction. This will really save you a lot of grief later on. I have spent more time doing the piping and machine hoods/connection than thinking/building the Cyclone.

As you are thinking about a wood floor (excellent choice BTW), you could run a 6" main diagonally across the shed under the floor. Then branch out from that to the walls/corners where the tools will be. Nice and neat. Also, put in inspection/access point so that you can remove the occasional blockages that are usually caused by Rags, Paper, small Children/animals, etc. that are accidently sucked up
    Wayne

* New Website - Updates Coming Soon *
    http://wayneswoodwork.davyfamily.com/

This is all well and good but the plans have to suit main purpose of the shed as well as the layout of the back yard.
    Will the toilet, bar/fridge in the shed be accessable from the BBQ without tramping the length of the shed.
    Will the old couch with the spring poking out of one cushon be close enough to the fridge.
    Will the girly calander with the greasy thumb print be the first thing that greets people on entry.
    Will the fridge be big enough.
    Can the TV be bracket mounted out of harms way but still available for score checks from the BBQ area.
    Will you have cable installed to allow for New Yankie viewing near a fridge with a spring up your bum.
    Where will the potbelly stove fit, will there be easy access for off cuts, and still room to stand around it while drinking.

Lets not forget the important things.
    Great minds discuss ideas,
    average minds discuss events,
    small minds discuss people

Dave,

Very good points!!
    Wayne

Wood Borer,

Save you drawing it each time, just print out one of these and stick in on the wall for the perplexed.

Drawn (badly) by me but kinda explains how they work.

or this one from Gregory Machinery

Gregories also have a duct layout as I was trying to explain (ignore the duct sizes as its a commercial design for a very big cyclone)

Hope these help.
    Wayne

Wayne - The good points, was that referring to the calender?

The inspection points and laying of the ducts is a great idea. I will provide for power and put in draw wires for any other cabling I might need. I don't anticipate going with IP or CNC machines unless handplanes go that way.

I do muck around a bit with electronics and perhaps cabling for something in the future would not go astray in the planning stages.

The beer fridge will move outside but will only be used after the tools are put away - I do exercise some safety.

- Wood Borer