Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by RobP View Post
    should I have been more explicit in my order?
    Yes, IMO the fault is entirely yours. You should have specified that all ofcuts are to be delivered. Also the delivery fee would have been quoted before you paid for it, so you had the option of declineing it and going to Mitre 10 or anywhere else.

Then you sent an email complaining about it. Question is did you make email the normal way of communicating with them by placing your order by email. If not, why do you think they have someone sitting at a computer waiting for emails. For small businesses emails are not the normal way for probably they are only checked once a day ( if you're lucky) and the phone is the normal method of communicating.

But more over you publicly named them on a world wide read forum because of your mistake in not being specific or using the normal way of communicating.

Then you published their reply that was very reasonable unlike you.

By all means take it to the department of fair trading, then it will escalate further with lawyers at twenty paces and you will lose and pay everybodies legal and other expenses. Stupid I know but you would probably want to do that just to find out that you were in the wrong and not the supplier.

Peter.

I ordered (from Chadwicks Timber), and paid for, five six metre lengths of 150 x 25 hardwood and requested that they cut me 13 1800 lengths, fully expecting to receive at least the remaining four metre offcut. However it was not delivered. And to cap it off they charged $44 for delivery on a $120 order. My local Mitre 10 only charge $12.50.
    Have I the right to demand it or should I have been more explicit in my order?

If you added the name later why is there no "edit" watermark on the first thread?
    Last edited by dazzler; 19th May 2007 at 01:46 PM. Reason: ADD SMILEY

Quote Originally Posted by dazzler View Post
    If you added the name later why is there no "edit" watermark on the first thread?
    I don't think the software flags edited posts. I put the "watermark" in the later post myself but neglected to do so in the first. Any of the initial respondents would be able to verify that the company was not named at the start.
    Most people who think know that I'm crazy.

I don't think the software flags edited posts. I put the "watermark" in the later post myself but neglected to do so in the first. Any of the initial respondents would be able to verify that the company was not named at the start.

I can verify that when I left my response there was no mention of a company name....though I didnt think this thread would lead to a case of lawyers at 20 paces either

I think the "watermark" is only left if you add a reason

cheers
    bd

check the bottom of thread 17

Dazzler, see Brown Dogs post above.

Thanks BD. I didn't expect it to escalate like it did either but I got rather peed off when I saw their response and a couple of bourbons didn't aid good judgement.

I've just edited this post.

And again.

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Dog View Post
    I think the "watermark" is only left if you add a reason

cheers
    bd
    For a certain period of time it's optional and records it if you give a reason. After that it's automatic.

This allows you to quickly correct something, eg spelling or add other facts, without appearing foolish.

Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturdee View Post
    For a certain period of time it's optional and records it if you give a reason. After that it's automatic.

This allows you to quickly correct something, eg spelling or add other facts, without appearing foolish.

Peter.
    Ahhhh....that would explain why I know this...Im always making spelling mistakes and trying to fix them without anyone noticing . But it must be a fair amount of time...Im sure I have edited posts a fair while after posting them without the little time date thingy coming up at the bottom.

cheers
    BD

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Dog View Post
    Ahhhh....that would explain why I know this...Im always making spelling mistakes and trying to fix them without anyone noticing . But it must be a fair amount of time...Im sure I have edited posts a fair while after posting them without the little time date thingy coming up at the bottom.

cheers
    BD
    It must be quite a while as I edited the first post about five hours later.
    Cheers
    Rob