Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

aaawww now come on Ray I started this one for the purpose of getting the muggins that attended to post their happy snaps in one place... rogues gallery is for you know when yer wanna show of yer dial not a mob of dials

Yes indeedy doodie... Pops mate you just gotta put names to the pics old son I mean "a bunch of handsome chaps"??? handsome chaps??? good god mate "a bunch of dopey lopeared wallys" maybe but handsome chaps? you bin sippin that fine pommy chardonay too?

Okay names I can sorta help yer out with... a bit

The noddy on the end with the grin is Bookend ala Graeme... the bloke behind I aint got me specs on so apologize there mate the fella with the horizontal striped shirt on I should remember since he and I spent a fair bit of time yarnin but Ive already explained my old timers problem with names But dont worry if I see yer again I will remember you "HEY!! yer the fella at Dereks that day right RIGHT!" of course young Josh had to get in on the pic thing studmuffin that he is ... and then well then that fella with the blue shirt? that be yours truely

Gotta love it eh!!

Okay wheres that group hug shot?? Denn shouldnt have one I dont think cause I saw him slip away when that was happenin... shy fella is our young Denn
    Believe me there IS life beyond marriage!!! Relax breathe and smile learn to laugh again from the heart so it reaches the eyes!!

Hi WD,

Kekemo has the group shot, the best of the day, one of Derek's self timer shots in the shed.

So it should appear here soon ol' son. Not all that flash with remembering names myself either. Did some talking to Cab Sav and Merlot yesterday though and they seemed mighty fine. Think they were the only name tabs that did not fall off.

Cheers
    Pops

Quote Originally Posted by dennford View Post
    Is there a rogues gallery thread on here where people can post pics of there ugly (or beautiful) dials? something to help put a face to a name. If not would it be a welcome thread?
    Denn
    aaawww now come on Ray I started this one for the purpose of getting the muggins that attended to post their happy snaps in one place... rogues gallery is for you know when yer wanna show of yer dial not a mob of dials
    Gee's scollded again for helping out a forumite

Then again some Ole pharts cant read propper when bit under the weather and not wearing spectickales, this being the same ole phart who forgot the photo taken apperatus to take said mugs shots.

Same fella cant read whats posted in other thread that a fella lives in NSW at the end of the road from Melbourne to Sydney not FNQLD

Good to see you had quality time with young fella Ding

Finally got to my daughter's computer, but the photos will have to wait until I return to the sunshine state.

Thanks to everyone for making me so welcome, especially Derek & his wife for hosting. I rocked up early, Perth's traffic isn't that bad, so I got the royal tour of Derek's workshop and amazing hand tools before anyone got there .

Then the mob started flowing in, usually with a few bottles of reds and whites, anyone would think they make the stuff around here. Dingo arrived with a huge armful of veneers, then he said help yourself, well us Queenslanders are not shy at coming forward . I even grabbed a few extra for Wendy for her boxes, she should be stoked.

Speaking of friendly females, Kekemo didn't take long to pull out name taggs so she could feel up the fellas , or should I say put their name taggs on and give them a hug

As I have found with most forumites, a very friendly bunch of people with plenty to share. Had a great time, great food and plenty to see.

The only thing I forgot was the deserts I brought along, left without having any, but perhaps that was a good thing . The chocolate factory down here didn't do much for the diet.

Cheers all.
    Neil

I was just thinking of you today Neil... I'll send you a pm if your still around during the week give me a hoi and stop by on your way across the big null and bore... May be able to find something to fill that tiny van your using

Dont worry old son your turns coming!! I intend to stage an invasion of the east coast sometime soon and by the livin harry me ol cobber yer better all be ready to have your reputations totally and utterly distroyed!!

Im glad you managed to grab some of the veneers for Wendy... such a fine woodboob should have the best ...so call in!!

Kerrys a hugaholic you know ...just has this thing about hugs... sorta takes yer by surprise when it happens but well... GO FOR THE RIDE MAN!!! shes cool as

Funny isnt it Jeremy alias he who goes by the totally inappropriate name of Paul for some weird reason how everyone made one feel totally welcome and sorta part of a strange family unrelated by anything other than this website and our passion for wood... you got to remember the only people Id met before I got there were you Derek and Kerry everyone else was a total stranger!!... but within seconds it felt like I was with a bunch of mates catchin up after a long time apart... great stuff eh!

Ray???

Pops did you give the cleanskin Snottygobble merlot a shot? I just need to know what it was like BEFORE I crack the second one!!! either that or I will just leave it sit until the next get together and bring it to that one an leave it there?

Finally...

Kerry? I thought Derek got that one on the delay timer shots that he was stumbling mumbling and muttering while tryin to sort the thing... ahem no Derek its NOT a plane mate you actually have to push a button to make it work

BUT what the heck... KERRY!!! Come on sweetums get yer butt into gear me dear an shock everyone with the pics me girl... no huggies for you next time if you dont pull yer finga out woman!

Cheers
    Shane
    Believe me there IS life beyond marriage!!! Relax breathe and smile learn to laugh again from the heart so it reaches the eyes!!

Yep....it was a great day. Many thanks to Derek and his lovely wife for hosting the event.

Learnt a lot about all sorts of things, met a few forumites that I hadn't met before and scored a nice little bit of veneer (thanks Shane). It'll be great to be able to put faces to the forum names from now on.

Everyone expressed a hope that we can do it again, and I'm sure we will. A couple of people, me included, will happily host gatherings in the future.

Neil, it seems like you'll have a visitor or two in your neck of the woods in the not too distant future. Enjoy the rest of your stay in gods own.

Thanks again folks.

Geoff

Here are a few pics I took. I was expecting Kerry to post one of them as she had a copy for that very purpose. So I will leave it to her to name the names, and commentate - a silent Kerry is an impossibility!

In the workshop ..

.. and some at the BBQ (there were about 17 of us in all) ..

Regards from Perth

Derek

I think there's 6 people hiding behind that huge shaggy head in the last pic. Someone should tell that bugger to get a haircut.

how everyone made one feel totally welcome and sorta part of a strange family unrelated by anything other than this website and our passion for wood... you got to remember the only people Id met before I got there were you Derek and Kerry
    I hadn't even met Kerry before (can't forget her once you have!) - only you and Derek. Great bunch of people though, and it's nice to have an excuse to talk about woodworking for an afternoon. And to any younger lurkers here who were afraid it'd be a bunch of crusty old men swapping stories...(as Shane would say) STREWTH! Stop being such a bloody piker and get yer tail to the next one!

- Jeremy

Here's a few of my pics of the group and Derek's demos
    Neil

Some more - Derek cooking, some of the veneers, a cropped me with a decent smile for a change (the group was looking elsewhere ) and the cork remover (for a future project )
    Neil

Fantastic Photos great to match a few more names with faces Looks like a brilliant day!

KeKemo - glad to see you there too, representing us woodworking women (sheilas?)

Cheers
    Wendy

Quote Originally Posted by RufflyRustic View Post
    KeKemo - glad to see you there too, representing us woodworking women (sheilas?)
    Never fear, she represented well. She had a lot to say about how there should be more of you.

I totally agree