Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SBD - Yes I'm in Melbourne. Preston, to be exact. So any advice you may be able to provide would be well appreciated.
    Cheers,
    P

Behind that little door under the thicknesser...

If you are prepared and able to get out of Melbourne then I can recommend visiting the Brennan's Timberyard & Renovator's Warehouse complex in Bendigo http://www.renovatorswarehouse.com.au/
    Ours is not to reason why.....only to point and giggle.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by SilentButDeadly View Post
    If you are prepared and able to get out of Melbourne then I can recommend visiting the Brennan's Timberyard & Renovator's Warehouse complex in Bendigo http://www.renovatorswarehouse.com.au/
    Sorry if this post is in the wrong place and I don't wish to hijack the thread. I didn't know of any other way to ask a somewhat related question.

Is anyone aware of a similar outlet in Sydney?

Thanks

I had reproduction windows made to replace windows that were not original. I also had to replace a stud wall that had being removed to open up the veranda. See pics below.

Also your house deserves better windows than the ones you plan to put in. Its the front of your home so it has the greatest impact on the appeal of the home. Research your type of home to find the window style that you should be putting in. The window you plan to put in look like bedroom windows.

Regards,
    Mech Engineer

Behind that little door under the thicknesser...

Quote Originally Posted by gofastman View Post
    Sorry if this post is in the wrong place and I don't wish to hijack the thread. I didn't know of any other way to ask a somewhat related question.

Is anyone aware of a similar outlet in Sydney?

Thanks
    Not really the same but you could do a lot worse than have a yarn to these lads http://www.woodworkers.com.au/website/index.php

Having now done up one of seven second hand double hung sash windows then I would suggest that a repro may be the way to go if it suits....

A houst lot of used windows might cost you between two and three grand and then you will find they need refurbishment.

Ours are in pretty good nick compared to what I've seen yet they still needed stripping, re-puttying, painting plus all eight of the sprial balances needed replacing and (on this first window) two panes were replaced. So the bill for this one window is approaching three hundred dollars....not including the tens of hours we've put into it.

However, given that they were free........we can cope! But if I'd already forked out three grand...I might be a little disconsolate...but given a repo double hung sash window might cost about a grand new then who knows?
    Ours is not to reason why.....only to point and giggle.