Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Consideration.

Termite, I didnt think that externaly linking a picture would affect Ubeauts bandwidth only the person uploading it?

Agree on those pics they are high res(for the web anyway), I zoomed it up to fullscreen on my screen(1900x1200!)and there was very little pixilation!

Hey you firefox users there a good plugin available the one I use to zoom in on pics by holding the mouse right button and zooming in/out with the scroll wheel! http://imagezoom.yellowgorilla.net/

i am right with you here termite, jools and i share a 28.8 dialup connection (no we arent tight, just cant get broadbamd here, need to move 100m up the road) and if anyone starts downloading a big piccy like that the other one gets nothing for a few minutes. and sadly you cant really see much more in these high res piccies than you do in the low res ones

Quote Originally Posted by doug the slug
    i am right with you here termite, jools and i share a 28.8 dialup connection
    Geez Doug that really is a bugger. I know what 28.8 is like from being throtled on my broadband.

Can you not at least get 56.6 ?

When you live out in the sticks you are stuck with Telstra's crummy phone service. My line wouldn't even give me a reliable 28.8 service.
    Even though I am over the maximum distance from the exchange an ISDN service gives me a mediocre but reliable internet connection.

But telstra charges all local phone calls by the minute on isdn.
    If I scrap the isdn I will get untimed local calls again.
    SCREW TELSTRA

I should really get a satellite broadband (not thru frogpond) and scrap the isdn phone completley
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com

I've just signed up for 2 way satalite broadband for $40 a month free instalation with bordernet. Should have it in a month.

This has been posted many many times.

http://dreamscapesoftware.com/products/jpegcompress/

The best and quickest compression yet .

Quote Originally Posted by Termite

Hmm. Only works with Windows. I didn't think anyone still used that..

woodbe

Quote Originally Posted by Termite

Thanks for the link. It is interesting to compare because I am in the process of completing a similar program myself. Mine does not handle as wide a range of image types (just bmp and jpg) but provides a couple of features that jpegcompress does not, namely cropping and brightness adjustment.

I've put it up on a temporary web page here: (available for a few days only)
    http://users.bigpond.net.au/cacheson

I think it does some things better and some not as well but would appreciate your opinions and suggestions for improvements. The intention is to keep it simple. I'm not trying to compete with Photoshop. The help system hasn't been written yet but it is easy to use. To process multiple files at once, just select a range of files.

Yes, it is for Windows only and you will need 800 x 600 screen resolution or better.

regards
    Coldamus

I'm a bit confused from the instructions for your program Coldamus. Why do I have to enter my email address. That reason alone is enough for me not to want to use it.
    Have a nice day - Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Wood Butcher
    I'm a bit confused from the instructions for your program Coldamus. Why do I have to enter my email address. That reason alone is enough for me not to want to use it.
    How else would the person you send your pictures to know who sent them and where to reply?

I understand your reluctance, though. For that reason I've added a paragraph to the instructions which I will repeat below. Note that you don't have to set the email parameters at all if you are going to use another program to send the pictures. You can still use it to resize and crop your images. Here is the paragraph I have added (referring to the email parameters):

Please note that this information will only be saved in the program's settings on your machine. No information whatever will be sent to me or used for any clandestine purpose. Let me make it clear that any software I produce whether sold or given away free is guaranteed to operate in an ethical manner - i.e. no trojans, no junk mail, no advertising popups, no harvesting of email addresses, no invasion of privacy.

regards
    Coldamus

For thos that want a basic image editing programme, I use ACDSee which costs about $50 US for the software Net download. You used to be able to get a 30 day free trial to see if you like it. Its not as high end capable as say photoshop but then again its far easier to manipulate the image to a reasonable result. Compression, size and resolution can all be changed as well as brightness, colour replacement or saturation, image rotation and lots of other image storage and handling features.

I have no association with this product, just one that I like to use.