Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

i love it azz, i've not veryfied it's accuracy to any great degree, but it churns out "utility" stuff quite happily. i doubt that it's especially accurate but it seems to be free from any excessive vibration. it cost me little and even less to run. however, i am biased. the machine and i were "born" same year, same town.
    i actually set this up with some special tooling to turn hardwood for various contraptions, the rest of the time it helps me keep all my other old machines running.
    i've found a slow leak from the main gear box, seems to be where the on/off spindle passes through the sump of said gearbox and out the back. apparently for no good reason.
    i've had it for four of five years.
    nic

mine is a little leaky as well. i think most pommy machines are. are your cross slide gibs easy to adjust. sent a pm regarding tool post.

Ueee is offline Blacksmith, Cabinetmaker, Machinist, Messmaker

Quote Originally Posted by azzrock View Post
    mine is a little leaky as well. i think most pommy machines are. are your cross slide gibs easy to adjust. sent a pm regarding tool post.
    I thought most British machines, cars etc were supplied with factory oil leeks.

My conrik's saddle is a copy of your machines, looks kinda funny to see it on another machine!

the leaks are engineered to match the weather. that's precision. thanks for the heads up azz.