Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sounds like you're not planning to use a membrane on it?

The board is down (I probably should have used CFC). The area is about 4mtr x 3mtr split half with bathroom and laundry. A slight fall (very slight) is away from the shower base. It is a solid base with solid sides PVC. No tiles in the shower cubicle. Anyway do I put a membrane on and then tile it or membrane then lay that tileing sheet then tile. Thanks for your help.

Found out it is made by the laminex group. Googled it and found this http://www.thelaminexgroup.co.nz/pdf...a%20Floors.pdf
    Looks like a membrane MUST be used in wet areas as suggested previously. They have pretty well covered their bums in the data sheet as well. Hope this stuff goes on easy. I guess a 20ltr bucket and a roller would be the go.

I watched the waterproofer at our place do a bit. It goes on like very sticky paint. He used a small roller (about 4" I think) and a brush for the tight spots. There was a primer that went on first, then the membrane went on the next day. I think there was a tape that he put on all the joints and gaps but it had been primed by the time I saw him and so I'm not sure. It has to be continuous, so I'm pretty sure there would have been.

The tiler who did ours used a big caulking gun with stuff that looked like grey glue on all the joints & corners first.
    Cliff.
    If you find a post of mine that is missing a pic that you'd like to see, let me know & I'll see if I can find a copy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Rogers View Post
    The tiler who did ours used a big caulking gun with stuff that looked like grey glue on all the joints & corners first.
    That would be bond breaker
    No?

Nic

Yep sounds right. I recall that now - it's important to use it at the juncture betweens flooring and wall sheeting so that the membrane doesn't split with movement.

The first job I ever did after these rules came in, we used a fibreglass tape which was bonded to the wall and the floor but there was a bead of round polyurethane foam that ran around the perimeter of the room behind it and the tape was tucked around it. The theory being that the slack in the tape and the polyurethane bead would absorb any relative movement between the walls and the floor and protect the membrane. Since then, either regulations have slackened, or new products have come along that serve the same purpose because it's not required any more.

Quote Originally Posted by nic View Post
    That would be bond breaker
    No?

Nic
    Dunno, he put the sealer over that & then the green waterproofing over that.

I have (or had ) some pictures but they may have been deleted in a clean up.

Just looked, they are gone, I'll upload them again.
    Cliff.
    If you find a post of mine that is missing a pic that you'd like to see, let me know & I'll see if I can find a copy.