Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

incase someone as a little extra cash http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....EWA%3APIC&rd=1
    Hurry, slowly

I am currently in the market for an old school style ute, like old F100/150s or even Dodges, i had a 1 ton dodge but the old lady pulled the pin on the deal. I know that its going to cost me 40k + to rebuild but ill have it for ever.

My best mate has a FJ ute total restored. nice ride.

Best part of old school utes is the timber trays!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaza
    I am currently in the market for an old school style ute, like old F100/150s or even Dodges, i had a 1 ton dodge but the old lady pulled the pin on the deal. I know that its going to cost me 40k + to rebuild but ill have it for ever.

My best mate has a FJ ute total restored. nice ride.

Best part of old school utes is the timber trays!!!!!!
    40k aint really that much considering if you ever did sell you'll paobably loose little or maybe even it might go up as these are rare...

by the time i finish paying of my AU falcon ute it would have cost me a bit over 30k and would be worth if i'm lucky 10k...and i'v only had it 4yrs

never again will i take out finance for a bloody car...

i'm starting to put together my thoughts on my next car/truck too (before this one is wortthless), it would be a keeper not something that is worthless in a few yrs...

love the F100's, dodge is even better....but it has to be good as my only car not a second car...

i had an old fj45 landcruiser once, bought it for 4k and sold it for 4k...and it was a heap of crap little beauty, yes it was all bodgy and i did'nt have a clue about tech stuff but it did have a 308 in it!, that was music to my ears, it used to roar like magic, i think back now and it would have made a great custom sports/hotrod/4x4/truck...man i had some 4x4ing fun in that.

la H
    Hurry, slowly

he's a good link for ya Gaza

http://www.customclassictrucks.com/f...ord_ute_truck/

click on 'features' as well , in the left side of the page, lots of f100's
    Hurry, slowly

nice link there are some serious nice rides there.

I have got a 2001 SS ute which cost 45k brand new now after 5yrs went to trade it in and got offered 12k get real.

so keeping my SS and going to build a cruiser for week end plus as a promo vehicle for work. thus tax right off.

i search ebay plus trading post every week and know ill get what i want soon, as this is my first auto build i want some thing that is still driveable and not a ground up resto which knowing me would never get finished.

my plan is a nice pick up with air bags set up so its got a low ride height, new front end with updated brakes, power steering and B&M style shifter. also be nice to set it up for LPG to reduce running costs.

whats your plans.

hey Gaza !!!

yeh those new cars sure do drop in value real quick don't they...

weel i finish paying off my AU next march, so between now and then i'll be doing my homework...

not sure what sort of ute but it's got to be good to drive, last thing i want is something that drives like an old semi, will have to go for some test drives...

anyway it's got to be a ute, black, fuel injected v8 , not interested in old tech carbies and that, saw a old holden 1 tonner with Gen v8...!

like the old falcon xb, looks like a real movie muscle car, something that XXX would drive...cool !

another thing to think about to is will it be something that everyone want's to steal...that's the last sort of car i need...
    Hurry, slowly