Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Beachport, South Oz, the best little town on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by echnidna View Post
    yer losin' yer touch stoppers,

now they're takin yer seriously
    Bluddy Hell Bob, this lot are losing the plot!
    First the losers of the forum head off to the Blokey joint and now we are being overrun by politically correct nutcases....
    Perhaps we should have a new forum for people who don't have thin skins like this lot but aren't as thick as Al and his mates!!!

Stuff it! I've finished my port so I reckon it's time to have a shower, hit the hay with a book and forget that all the world 'cept me are proper weird!

Right, that's it, its time for an image macro...

The last turban wearing person ( still breathing) to leave my kitchen after a disgraceful attempt to wash dishes and after being shown several times .....was asked prior to leaving ...."where did you say you did kitchen hand work before?"......."in my country"......to which I replied .....well in this bleeden country mate! we use SOAP and water ...now leave while you still can......

this is just one example of what I have to put up with ....I am not racist ...I employ all types of ppl from all walks of life, but one thing seems to be lacking in all these cultures is education ...and the only way to fix it properly ....is to give them one ......my idea is if an imigrant comes into our country, then they have to spend 12 months studying part time at a school, specialy designed to integrate them into our society and recieve a pass mark in order to stay...at least it would give them a chance, most that come here, really do come from nothing,and while most of us complain about something, we really dont have anything to complain about until we have spent a day in their shoes ...

This forum is for GENERAL DISCUSSION/DEBATE/CONFRONTATION etc.

Wish the audience had worm buttons
    Mike
    "Working to a rigidly defined method of doubt and uncertainty"

Beachport, South Oz, the best little town on the planet.

This is the last time I post something that's a bit of fun outside of the bloody joke forum! Maybe the loser blokey coots had just had enough of blasted wowsers with no humour in their souls.....

Quote Originally Posted by Christopha View Post
    This is the last time I post something that's a bit of fun outside of the bloody joke forum! Maybe the loser blokey coots had just had enough of blasted wowsers with no humour in their souls.....
    [confrontation]Well get the sub-forum right next time you want to post a joke, loser! [/confrontation]
    j/k (just kidding)

Its just been announced that they've made the citizenship test retrospective! So all you "I was clever enough to make sure I was born here" people will have to prove why you should stay. If you don't get 60%, you get a free flight to any 3rd world war zone of your choosing.
    Cheers, Richard

"... work to a standard rather than a deadline ..." Ticky, forum member.

Default pauline are you listening

you dont have to be "politically correct" (a much abused term for someone who tries to give "a fair go") to think that this test is a trick to devide opinion and whip up us V them.
    I am an immigrant and so were 99.9 of your forebears. where would you be if your grand parents had to sit such a test?
    whatever happened to the " there but for the grace of ? go I.?
    stop and think about the difficulties many of our grandparents,parents and us went through when we were" new australians"
    astrid
    ps who did discover australia?

Quote Originally Posted by Sturdee View Post
    This Citizenship test is nothing to do with the immigrants coming here. They don't need to pass this test to come here as all they have to do is the same as before.

Unless they're African.

However, if after 3 years residence they then want to become an Australian citizen they have to pass the test. Not unreasonable that they demonstrate some knowledge about the country they live in and its customs befrore they get the right to vote.

Why? Did you?

We already are one of the easiest countries for immigrants to live in as in most European countries the government will only deal with immigrants in the language of that country without translators being allowed to be used. If you can't speak the adopted country's language you get no government help or assistance.

So a little test after 3 years is not unreasonable.

Peter.
    So, how about this - your 18th birthday arrives, and you get to sit your citizenship test. If you don't pass, you can't have a passport and you can't vote. Sounds fair to me.
    Cheers, Richard

But I should point out that I'm waiting to take my oath, having applied only a few weeks before the test started....

I won't quite get in in time to vote Johnny out. Oh well I've paid taxes for the last 8 years, a few more months won't make any difference.
    Cheers, Richard

It's all over, move along please.

The beatings will continue until morale improves.