Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

1. are you for real!?!? thats insane! its the perfect place for a washer dryer. Its totally the done thing in europe! silly.
    2. love ikea! love the 37cm cabinets, thought of that myself but need the depth for oven and sink and washer dryer dont i? .... not sure but i didnt think i could get around that.
    3. very good idea about the wall mounted machine (yes, front loader) ... not sure about how asthetically pleasing it will be but will have a play with the design in that regard, hadnt thought of that option!
    4. wasnt sure what a combi cabinet
    5. good to hear abotu oven next to fridge
    6. trying to keep costs as low as possible and have a quite new oven (saving for bathroom reno)

thanks so much for the detailed feedback! ps. i think it was u who got me onto the kitchen idea ... u were talkign about ikea benchtops so i went in to have a look and have since spent the last month working up the budget to just do the whole lot

Hi Aangelique1611

how far off the ground are the windows?

celeste

thanks so much for the pics! tell me, are those 'stat white' cupboards? do they look white installed or cream? and did u use white or cream based back splash tiles? thats very similar to what im looking at doing but no corner peice things and drawers under sink of possible and based on others feedback now would put dryer next to sink.
    did you make the cupboards yourself? is it as easy as they make it out to be? or did u get the 'make-up' service ... im going to have a crack myself... do u midn me asking $$$?

somewhere between 70 and 82 ... too low for dryer if under bench but fine if on wall.

do you think if there are no drawers potential buyers reactions would be 'oh, budget kitchen, no cutlery drawer' or do u think they would not be bothered (i know i wouldnt be if it looked nice, i would just have a cutlerey stand inside one of the wall or base cupboards)

Quote Originally Posted by Aangelique1611 View Post
    thanks so much for the pics! tell me, are those 'stat white' cupboards? do they look white installed or cream? and did u use white or cream based back splash tiles? thats very similar to what im looking at doing but no corner peice things and drawers under sink of possible and based on others feedback now would put dryer next to sink.
    did you make the cupboards yourself? is it as easy as they make it out to be? or did u get the 'make-up' service ... im going to have a crack myself... do u midn me asking $$$?
    Hi again

Arlig white - the cheapest, they are white when installed
    White tiles with the SS look tiles, cheap ones.
    solid beech top from ikea

They are easy as to put together - buy your self a little bosch elect. screw driver $60 saves the wrist etc no end with all those screws.

The bench top was a little tricky - I suggest you have it made and installed. or hire a chippy to cut and install or have a cabinet maker cut it and attach joiners and install your self ( cutting it spot on for the joins was the tricky bit, I had to call for help from a chippy friend.

It cost from memory about 2k for every thing both sides accept the fridge/oven/canopy. $399/$749/$149

celeste

HI

Heres a another kitchen 3d software package that I find really good - just keep in mind the cabinet sizes are not quite the same as ikea

alno ag kitchen planner - pop that in search on web.

Celeste
    Last edited by celeste; 4th April 2007 at 07:30 PM. Reason: forgot the link

do you think if there are no drawers potential buyers reactions would be 'oh, budget kitchen, no cutlery drawer' or do u think they would not be bothered (i know i wouldnt be if it looked nice, i would just have a cutlerey stand inside one of the wall or base cupboards)
    I always find a spot for draws. I do whole kitchen with draws if I could, to expensive for my renos at the mo. tho I have put 2 sets in my lates 1 5 draws and 1 with 3.

Celeste

thanks for that ... i was going to employ the services of the crew ikea suggested on the web site for things like fixing the cupboards to the wall, tiling and plu,bing/electrical but saw no harm in saving some coin by making carcases myself...
    did your bodget u just mentioned include plumbing/elec? thats incredibley cheap!
    I was deciding between arlig and stat was worried arlig might look cheap but from your photos it looks great, obviously your very happy with the finish?

ok, will keep exploring the drawers under sink option then as that will probabaly be my only space available...

also, you mentioned they didnt have 37cm at the time u did your reno ... does that mean the wall cabinets were 60cm deep? (even if not do u think using 60cm deep ones would look strange?

thanks for that ... i was going to employ the services of the crew ikea suggested on the web site for things like fixing the cupboards to the wall, tiling and plu,bing/electrical but saw no harm in saving some coin by making carcases myself...
    did your bodget u just mentioned include plumbing/elec? thats incredibley cheap!
    I was deciding between arlig and stat was worried arlig might look cheap but from your photos it looks great, obviously your very happy with the finish?
    No forgot the plimbing, he did the bathroom as well.

He moved taps down and changed them for a mixer - relocated the mains tap outside, disconnected and reconnect oven and sink so about 3 hours $300-400 would be about right - his total bill was $1k. Hint - budget about $150 hour and just call them in they are cheaper that way. Oh and I dismantle things myself now - accept gas and elec.

Once you work out what you want let me know what needs doing (plumb and elect) and I will give you a rough time budget. Also, it is cheaper to get the elect to do a few things at the same time, and just call one to come, do not get a quote.

I will also give you a reno plan (what order to do things)

Celeste

awsome! sounds great! would love to c a reno plan! how do you know for sure you can do what you want to do ... what i mean is that isnt it too late once i have everything assembled and then call a trady out and they say 'your electricals wont go there or your pipes wont do that' etc? how do i confirm prior once i have my design down pat that i can do everything i intend?

ps, if your kitchen cost in the 2-3k brakcket and you got your bathroom done also (totally digressing here) how much did that cost? i was budgeting in the 4-5 for kitchen ... if i can do it for much less i will be much closer to a bathroom reno now THATS exciting!

another qu ... really picking your brains here but in the pictures the area is a fair size, there is clearly enough room for a small dining table. Why did you choose to have a dining bench as opposed to a table? I am considering the bench but not sure if it is an antisocial option ...