Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Termite Ideas?

Personally i agree with Phill on this one.

There is an endless list of stuff that we all use in our daily lives that could be considered on par with the chemicals in the product that Phill suggests.

If the smoking, drinking, eating fatty food, drinking chlorinated water, using spray deoderants, inhaling wood dust, exhaust fumes or rock dust, using cca treated timber to name just a few dont end up killing me............then it might just be the Termidor that throws me over the line.
    if you always do as you have always done, you will always get what you have always got

Question

built on piers with ant caps to keep out the termites
    I thought ant caps were there so that on visual inspection the trails into the building could be seen, rather than to keep the termites out?

Default Termidor and State / Federal Laws

You can get Termidor on ebay for about 60 US dollars (search worldwide) and about 20-25 USD for postage.

Garrads refused to sell it to me since I wasnt a professional pest control person, and referred me to the label that says to be used by professional pest controllers only (to that effect). I contacted info pest at the Qld dept health, said the label was binding but referred me to the federal APVMA body who make up the labels.

They said that even if not really in this really toxic catagory the label sticks and is binding, and that its based on both toxicity and the OHS implications of using such chemicals, which is their bases for two manuals that stipulate what the public can use and what they cant.

I backed them into a corner regarding fipronil and frontline flea control, but they wouldnt back down on the label. Well I guess sometimes you have to think global.

Incidentally a pest control treatment costs about $600 in WA, and about 2-3000 in NSW. I have no idea why but it makes the average family guy hurt a little more over here. And then you have to find an honest pest control company using the right products at the right strengths.

Ebay is great!