Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast

G'day Caliban,

As I understand hijacking a thread, it means diverting it from its original purpose or trying to upstage the original poster. I hope that you do not think that it was my intention to do so, nor in fact do I believe I did. I, in fact, was struck by the essential "rightness" of the CoP and believed it might apply internationally. I still believe that. It is a sound document that has both character and common sense which is applicable worldwide.

If, for reasons which escape me at the moment, I have offended anyone in OZ, I certainly apologise. In general I admire the great good humour and camaraderie shown on this forum, and I hope to be a contributing member of it. I am not a professional woodworker, but an avid hobbyist and have much more to learn than to contribute in the way of knowledge.

On the other hand, I admit to an admiration for Australia of which I cannot, in good conscience, be ashamed. Fortunately, I am old enough, and my skin is thick enough, to take almost anything. But I must draw the line at advertising on a dating forum in NZ. Here in the States we have a term for such things which is unsuitable for a family-orientated forum.

Cliff, I am sorry I missed the barbie. I asked the missus but she had to work this weekend. Pity. Perhaps the next one. Happy birthday to the wife from America.
    Cheers,

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Childress
    If, for reasons which escape me at the moment, I have offended anyone in OZ, I certainly apologise. In general I admire the great good humour and camaraderie shown on this forum, and I hope to be a contributing member of it. I am not a professional woodworker, but an avid hobbyist and have much more to learn than to contribute in the way of knowledge.
    Apologizing for hijacking a thread. :eek:

Whats wrong with you Bob, apologizing for hijacking is not needed as it's our favourite pasttime around here. It sounds as you're trying to be a Seppo feeling sorry.

BTW always a good subject is pancakes, maybe you can tell us how you make them over there.

Peter.

Thumbs up

Good on ya Bob.
    Cliff.
    If you find a post of mine that is missing a pic that you'd like to see, let me know & I'll see if I can find a copy.

Yer ok Bob
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com

Quote Originally Posted by Harry72
    Rule #1. Do not for any reason convert your shed into a bar /pool room... it is bad shed ediquite, build a bar room onto your house instead!(your shed will help you build it...)
    Oh no, seems I was in direct violation of the above rule.

I converted our 6*7 meter garage into a pool room.

This necessitated the building of a 6*6 meter carport.

Fortunately I also have a 2.5*5.5m workshop, a garden shed (for lawnmowers, bikes ets) and a storage shed (for all the stuff I don't want to get covered in shavings that fly around the workshop), and I am currently building another shed cause I have run out of space in the others.

I hope my secondary endeavours make up for the above indescression.

Cheers..........

PS - That was just my attempt at getting this thread back on track...

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleheart
    Oh no, seems I was in direct violation of the above rule.

I converted our 6*7 meter garage into a pool room.

This necessitated the building of a 6*6 meter carport.

Fortunately I also have a 2.5*5.5m workshop, a garden shed (for lawnmowers, bikes ets) and a storage shed (for all the stuff I don't want to get covered in shavings that fly around the workshop), and I am currently building another shed cause I have run out of space in the others.

I hope my secondary endeavours make up for the above indescression.

Cheers..........
    This breach can be negated by installing a suitable workbench top and woodworking vices on the pool table and fitting a dusty in your pool room.
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com

Quote Originally Posted by echnidna
    This breach can be negated by installing a suitable workbench top and woodworking vices on the pool table and fitting a dusty in your pool room.
    ...for the bulldust of course...

Cheers.................Sean

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

I posted the link to the code of practice to the coodabeenchampions on the ABC as I thought this would be right up their alley and we might get 15 seconds of fame. Although I wasn't listening last weekend I heard they ridiculed my name (I'm not fussed, I'm used to it), anyway, they said they might ridicule (er . . . . do a program about ) sheds in a coming program so make sure you stay tuned.

Just a quick question for the Drafting Committee:

Whilst studying the Code today I realized that Para. 6 (Tools) does not proscribe a Bloke from reading a tool’s Instructional Manual. :eek: Is this an Australian cultural phenomenon or merely an oversight? I should think, as we do here, a Bloke would fiddle a tool until he completely buggered it up before he would stoop so low as to read the Instructions.

What say you?
    Cheers,

Bob

Have to agree with you there Bob! Its only after you've attempted to assemble any given piece of equipment/plant and realised you have bolts left over that don't fit anywhere, that the instructions manual is even searched for!:eek:

Cheers,
    Andy Mac
    Change is inevitable, growth is optional.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Mac
    Have to agree with you there Bob! Its only after you've attempted to assemble any given piece of equipment/plant and realised you have bolts left over that don't fit anywhere, that the instructions manual is even searched for!:eek:

Cheers,
    With me it's a point of pride. Reading the instructions can stunt your creativity. If I don't have any bits left over I feel I haven't been innovate enough in the assembly. Like the time I left the big end bearing locators out of the mates VW beetle motor. What are these little lugs for - can't be that important!

I've done similar with gudgeon pin circlips on a lawn mower, the only bits left...*groan*...pull the bugger back down again and put them in!

Cheers,
    Andy Mac
    Change is inevitable, growth is optional.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Childress
    Just a quick question for the Drafting Committee:

Whilst studying the Code today I realized that Para. 6 (Tools) does not proscribe a Bloke from reading a tool’s Instructional Manual. :eek:

What say you?
    Bob

Mate, you're in danger of committing a Code violation :eek: by referring to an out-of-date version. The most recent update is your guide. Backtrack through this thread and have a hard look.

Col
    Driver of the Forums
    Lord of the Manor of Upper Legover

I may have you call you up on that point, Brother Driver.

Keeping up-to-date documentation of anything, even of the code itself, is verging on chapiness. I must admit that I am undecided whether referring to an old version of the code, and thereby committing an offence, or failing to carry out some action prescribed therein, is more of a concern than the chapiness associated with the diligent observance of the update path of the document itself.

This is a quandry. Is it covered in the current version? No! Don't tell me, I don't want to know!
    "I don't practice what I preach because I'm not the kind of person I'm preaching to."