Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  85
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

I will start by firstly thanking Lola and Brett for their hospitality. The salad was absolutely fantastic.

What a great day. I think I might have been the only one that took the train. I followed the direction as specified by Brett very precise as always.

As I was coming close to Brett house I recognised one vehicle that was parked on the street and knew that Dai Sensei was already there and I was just as shocked to find there. Of course in my casual calm self I said hello and continued to greet the rest of the group that was already there, then I came across Grumpy John, now that was a surprised. Not so Grumpy in my opinion.

FenceFurniture is offline The prize lies beneath - hidden in full view

Sorry about the multiple posts - I keep remembering things to mention.

For those who didn't get the info, the tray of saws and marking gauges out on the bench was the IanW collection. He also made all the handles on the files and rasps.

And you know those two cakes I promised......ah, I ah, remembered them at about 6pm when the tidying up was happening Forgot to put out the potato crisps, salad seeds, and a couple of other things as well. I did remember to put the olives out, but not a single one eaten - prolly because I had a lid on top to stop them drying out.

The weather for the day was a mixed bunch. Mostly about 27 deg and sunny, then a little bit of rain which turned into quite substantial hail (up to 12mm). Looking at the hail out the front - it was crazy, going in all directions. 45 deg from the left and right, vertical, and all at the same time. Never seen it do that before.

And last (I think), a real big thanks from me to Lola for all the back-room work she did today. THANKS HONEY!
    Regards, FenceFurniture

COLT DRILLS GROUP BUY
    Jan-Feb 2019 Click to send me an email

Quote Originally Posted by FenceFurniture View Post
    ....And you know those two cakes I promised......ah, I ah, remembered them at about 6pm when the tidying up was happening Forgot to put out the potato crisps, salad seeds, and a couple of other things as well. I did remember to put the olives out, but not a single one eaten - prolly because I had a lid on top to stop them drying out....
    You had olives?

Yup, pitted Kalamatas - they were on the tray next to the salad (which we'll be eating for another week).
    Regards, FenceFurniture

COLT DRILLS GROUP BUY

Quote Originally Posted by FenceFurniture View Post
    Yup, pitted Kalamatas - they were on the tray next to the salad (which we'll be eating for another week).
    The most common reply here is, no photo it did not exist.

Still sorry I couldn't go
    regards
    Nick
    veni, vidi,
    tornavi
    Without wood it's just ...

Just got home. What a great day. Alright I've been home for a little while but I had to give Paul the tour of my shed.
    Again thankyou Brett and Lola. Unlike some of the philistines I had and enjoyed some of the wonderful salad. And Anne the baklava was excellent
    Great to put faces to names and meet more members. Two GTGs in two days. So when is the next one? I'm in.

Oh and I forgot to pick up my saw vice. Anybody got it? Brett don't put it out on the nature strip.
    Those were the droids I was looking for.
    https://autoblastgates.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by NCArcher View Post
    ..... And Anne the baklava was excellent ......

There was baklava? Now i am beginning to wonder if I actually did attend.

Thanks to Brett and Lola for hosting a great day. I had to leave early and it turns out that may have been a good decision as the traffic was ok and I missed the hail. It was good to catch up with old friends and have a chat and 's stories are always good value.
    CHRIS

Thanks Lola and Brett for your hospitality. I hope it was Brett who did the washing up.

Thanks to Skew and others who relieved me of the shed detritous from the free box

Great day thanks to all

Buenas noches Amigos y Amiga

Great to see youse all today, in the Great Blue Mountains Meetup! It should become an annual event, methinks. I'd heard about many of youse and it was a wonderful experience to catch up with you in person.

Cheers, saludos y hasta la vista
    Lola
    Regards, FenceFurniture

COLT DRILLS GROUP BUY

Quote Originally Posted by Pac man View Post
    Thanks Lola and Brett for your hospitality. I hope it was Brett who did the washing up.

Thanks to Skew and others who relieved me of the shed detritous from the free box

Great day thanks to all
    You stopped on the way home didn't you?
    Those were the droids I was looking for.
    https://autoblastgates.com.au

ozhunter is offline Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmo

Thanks Brett and Lola for hosting a good day. Good to put faces to names.

There where olives and I saw the salad seeds. The balaclava was very nice, as was the little bit of salad I had just so I didn't offend the hosts.

Brett, I left my 2 marking gauges and my IanW saws behind. I'll catch you up in the next week or two.
    If you find you have dug yourself a hole, the first thing to do is stop digging.
    I just finished child-proofing our house - but they still get inside.

Quote Originally Posted by ozhunter View Post
    Brett, I left my 2 marking gauges and my IanW saws behind. I'll catch you up in the next week or two.
    Well, yes, you left the IanW saws behind, but the word "my" is quite incorrect in that sentence. Keep trying though, it can't hurt.

Now there were a few drops of rain, which very quickly turned to hail. At the first few drops I bolted to the tools trolley and put it under the tarp, and then charged around with everybody else getting stuff inside/undercover. Ummm, prolly best to think of this next part as adding character and patina. In my haste I thought that the top shelf was all but dry (just the odd drop on a few of my tools). What I didn't see was that there were a few drops on the Colen Clenton boxes, and I certainly didn't know that his stamp is in water soluble ink.

Wait - before you or , I have a couple of lids up in the loft which I can check for size, but failing that I can ask him to send down a new lid for them when he sends my mortise gauge down (which sounds like a spectacular piece of stripy Ebony).

Oh, and you know how Christos says "no pic - didn't happen"? Well I didn't take a pic, but I can.
    Regards, FenceFurniture

COLT DRILLS GROUP BUY

ozhunter is offline Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmo

I won't lose sleep over the boxes, and I hope the termites eat your stripy ebony
    If you find you have dug yourself a hole, the first thing to do is stop digging.
    I just finished child-proofing our house - but they still get inside.