Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Sebastiaan, I was merely linking to an article about the Copenhagen conference, as I didn't write the article, nor necessarily endorsed its' content, I don't think I owe you an explanation for any its' content.

I will repeat however that the first and last sentence tickled my sense of humour

"Cogito Ergo Simp" (My mind is...umm what's a mind? )

Quote Originally Posted by Big Shed View Post
    Sebastiaan, I was merely linking to an article about the Copenhagen conference, as I didn't write the article, nor necessarily endorsed its' content, I don't think I owe you an explanation for any its' content.

I will repeat however that the first and last sentence tickled my sense of humour

"Cogito Ergo Simp" (My mind is...umm what's a mind? )
    Apols mate, the misinformation drives me a bit spare sometimes, both sides do it and neither looks any better for it,

ah yes... what is a mind?
    "We must never become callous. When we experience the conflicts ever more deeply we are living in truth. The quiet conscience is an invention of the devil." - Albert Schweizer

My blog. http://theupanddownblog.blogspot.com

No sweat, people get just a litlle too intense about this subject at times, as you say on both sides.

From where I sit Global Warming/Climate Change is rapidly becoming the McCarthy-ism of the 21st century, anyone expressing any doubts about the causes, however small, is immediately branded un-American, un-Australian etc.

Sorry, having trouble reading these posts, my PC is still affected by the Y2K bug.. (which someone may have made some money from.)

Default is there more to comes out?

.....And the plot thickens with deals being done behind closed doors. The usual collection of corruption,avarice, greed and skulduggery.

Suggesting to me its got very little if anything to do the climate control, but rather power and greed.

Leaked agreement rocks Copenhagen - Yahoo!7 News

Draft Copenhagen climate change agreement - the 'Danish text' | Environment | guardian.co.uk
    Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working. — Pablo Picasso

Gonna be a lot more leaks before its done. Here is my favourite loonie getting hassled by the "Hitler" youth. Its getting personal up there.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZw8yF5alkM"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]
    "We must never become callous. When we experience the conflicts ever more deeply we are living in truth. The quiet conscience is an invention of the devil." - Albert Schweizer

I wonder if they all walked or swan there; being so concerned with their emmisions they surely couldn't have flown in dirty jets.
    They also seem quite happy to wear polyester from textile factories rather than hand woven hemp clothes.
    ####ing hypocrites.
    Mick

avantguardian

Quote Originally Posted by Gingermick View Post
    I wonder if they all walked or swan there; being so concerned with their emmisions they surely couldn't have flown in dirty jets.
    They also seem quite happy to wear polyester from textile factories rather than hand woven hemp clothes.
    ####ing hypocrites.

I often wonder if they think that far myself.
    I make things, I just take a long time.

www.brandhouse.net.au

I often wonder if they think that far myself.
    I very much doubt it, do as I say..........

Al Gore House - How Much Electricity Does Al Gores House Use - thedailygreen.com

although some progress has been made

Al Gore greened his mansion, flew commercial to Copenhagen talks - Green House - USATODAY.com
    Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working. — Pablo Picasso

Didn't think much of Prof Ian Plimer's performance on Lateline last night (Tuesday 15/12)..Monbiet (a journalist) ran rings around Plimer (a Geologist).

A very bad performance from someone who's supposed to be one of the heroes of the sceptic camp.
    Whatever note you blow youre never more than a semitone away from the correct one....(Miles Davis)

Is he a hero?

Like most people I only want to see the figures of Dudd's grande plan and it's direct impact on me, and an honest plan that is something that will work for the whole, not for the few on Wall St.

It seems the world can see through the smoke screen, ala Mr Lumumba Di-Aping Copenhagen negotiator accuses Rudd of lying - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) but Australia as a whole can't.
    I make things, I just take a long time.

www.brandhouse.net.au

Quote Originally Posted by kiwigeo View Post
    Didn't think much of Prof Ian Plimer's performance on Lateline last night (Tuesday 15/12)..Monbiet (a journalist) ran rings around Plimer (a Geologist).

A very bad performance from someone who's supposed to be one of the heroes of the sceptic camp.
    It would seem Plimer cann't measure up to the scrutiny he demands of others. His figures are dodgy and he avoids peer review. It's sad because we need decent discussion not polarised views.

Quote Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
    Is he a hero?

Like most people I only want to see the figures of Dudd's grande plan and it's direct impact on me, and an honest plan that is something that will work for the whole, not for the few on Wall St.

It seems the world can see through the smoke screen, ala Mr Lumumba Di-Aping Copenhagen negotiator accuses Rudd of lying - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) but Australia as a whole can't.
    I dont think he can give any as there are too many variables. If he tried he would be wrong very quickly. In yesterday's paper here it was claimed that out 40% + power price rises were due to the ETS which doesnt even exist yet. Another example of gouging to keep us enslaved to their tax / monopoly services treadmill. We exist to give those disgusting types a living. The only game is power and control over the average Trev. D!ckheads, the lot of em.....

As for Australian disingenuous behaviour in Copenhagen, its the same claims that were made at Kyoto and are probably a negotiating tactic.

Quote Originally Posted by johnc View Post
    It would seem Plimer cann't measure up to the scrutiny he demands of others. His figures are dodgy and he avoids peer review. It's sad because we need decent discussion not polarised views.
    He also made a bit of a hash of his stoush a few years back with the Creationists. Plimer is a brilliant Geologist but he has an almost fanatical hatrid of Creationists and Anthropomorphic Global warming.....it's this IMHO that trips him up.
    Whatever note you blow youre never more than a semitone away from the correct one....(Miles Davis)