Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lignum View Post
    Greg you miss my point. I dont mind those who have doubts, as i was one of those in the early threads. I was just dissapointed that the "Aussie" blokes who knew about the Domino and could contribute were totaly ignored. Thats what i didnt like. Anyone can post here and get quick and detailed and friendly replys. Look at Bob, he`s a Yank and an hounarary Aussie bloke
    I'm afraid many Yanks suffer from "not invented here" syndrome. If we didn't think of it, it can't be any good. Embarassing--but there you are.

I, for one, will stick with youse blokes.
    Cheers,

Bob

Its completly safe unless you are a moron
    In that case, I shall not do it when I get a Domino.
    Cheers,
    Clinton

"Use your third eye" - Watson

http://www.flickr.com/photos/clinton_findlay/

Quote Originally Posted by Flowboy View Post
    Hi Bob,

I have seen the beginniings of the table and it is impressive (despite claiming incredible tolerances then just ignoring having to adjust by .001" at the conclusion of the circle of dominoes), but that was not the question. Have you seen anything from Rick that you haven't seen here?
    Also, on the saw mill creek forums, in response to a question regarding cutting height on the said table, Rick responded saying that he could not cut both sets on mortices from the one fence height and that this was a limitation he discovered.
    After reading a post by Lignum on this forum he found he was wrong. If the manual he is writing is to be as superb as the others, wouldn't this have to be included and acknowledged?
    It's interesting that in the Leigh F1 template manual, at the beginning of the chapter on finger jointing large boards there is an acknowledgment of the private individual who developed this method.
    With the TS75, wouldn't it be better all round to use two bits of pine joined by dominos, with a gap between them so you do not have to dispose of foam after every few cuts? This method also allows easy relocation and can be set up on site using two sawhorses as supprt. The third cut to me is the same as clamping two pieces of timber for jointing in a vise and planing them simultaneously, which is a good way of covering planing (or saw's) faults or bad set up. If the saw is used with more thought, you can achieve results close to that of a shooting board using only the saw and avoid having to buy and more importantly dispose of foam.

Regards,

Rob
    Rob,

I have not read all the posts here yet and I haven't seen any Domino manual by Rick, but looking at his other manuals, I am sure a Domino manual by him would be well written and easy to follow.
    As regards the adjustment/modification to the Domino, I don't know if that voids a warranty or not, but apparently does work.

The foam is vey light weight and easy to move out of the way when not needed, but your method sounds like a good idea.

Bob

It's alright for you blokes Even the yanks are getting excited about the domi.
    I cant even get a bloody Festool router here Only God knows if I'll ever see a Domi here

Hi Bob (Marino) welcome to the Aussie woodworking forums. This is the best forum on the planet, woodworking or otherwise!

Speaking of claims to ideas, I dropped into Flowboy's workshop and we tried out your suggested board joining preparation technique using a Festool plunge cut saw. Worked a treat - good tip.

For anyone who has not seen it, look here http://www.woodshopdemos.com/fes-53.htm

Rob's (Flowboy's) version of same technique, look here http://www.idealtools.com.au/webcontent80.htm

Sorry to but in.

I've just heard that the Domino is to be released in Morrocco, under the Company name "Feztool". Play it again Sam. There's already some discussion as to whether they should be imported ready to use (live) or wired up in Morrocco (dead).

Quote Originally Posted by nt900 View Post
    Hi Bob (Marino) welcome to the Aussie woodworking forums. This is the best forum on the planet, woodworking or otherwise!

Speaking of claims to ideas, I dropped into Flowboy's workshop and we tried out your suggested board joining preparation technique using a Festool plunge cut saw. Worked a treat - good tip.

For anyone who has not seen it, look here http://www.woodshopdemos.com/fes-53.htm

Rob's (Flowboy's) version of same technique, look here http://www.idealtools.com.au/webcontent80.htm
    Hi Anthony,

Thanks for the welcome. BTW, Festool USA Intro Pricing on the Domino is $660.00!

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by bob marino View Post
    Hi Anthony,

Thanks for the welcome. BTW, Festool USA Intro Pricing on the Domino is $660.00!

Bob
    Stirrer

Cheers

TEEJAY

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"

(Man was born to hunt and kill)

Am I too late? Bob asked me to clarify the joining method that you have been discussing...it originated in my shop and on my website. Bob was just a "pretty face." Actually, Bob's visits are always productive. We in the US are lucky to have such a bloke. (had to use the term but not at all sure of when to use it. But isnt that just like us yanks.)
    If you like the jointing method, go to the Festool sub-menu on the site and take a look at my resawing a 4" plank. I used the TS75 and it was a joy to use and the results were very good.

Here is story: http://www.woodshopdemos.com/fes-sc-3.htm

Quote Originally Posted by bob marino View Post
    BTW, Festool USA Intro Pricing on the Domino is $660.00!

Bob
    Hi Bob, what does the US$660 get you? I assume its just the domino in a systainer.

So US$ 660 = AU$843...A domino here costs upwards of AU$1200 so why is there a $400 difference ?

Is it a case of the convicts being guinea pigs to the US again?
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by martrix View Post
    Hi Bob, what does the US$660 get you? I assume its just the domino in a systainer.

So US$ 660 = AU$843...A domino here costs upwards of AU$1200 so why is there a $400 difference ?

martex,

The $660.00 gets you the tool, wrench, fence support in a systainer. Here's more prices and packages. http://www.bobmarinosbesttools.com/d...web-mailer.pdf

Bob

This is uaually the case Its shocking how there is a one third difference in price, for the same tool how can that be justified

"cartel n. industrial combination for the purpose of fixing prices, output etc..."

Collins Dictionary

This is a random thread....
    The only way to get rid of a [Domino] temptation is to yield to it. Oscar Wilde

.....so go4it people!

Its an Introductory offer! After the honeymoon period, we'll see what the real price is.

Regards

Rob
    Last edited by Groggy; 24th January 2007 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Removed note.

Default Welcome John Lucas!

Quote Originally Posted by woodshopdemos View Post
    Am I too late? Bob asked me to clarify the joining method that you have been discussing...it originated in my shop and on my website. Bob was just a "pretty face." Actually, Bob's visits are always productive. We in the US are lucky to have such a bloke. (had to use the term but not at all sure of when to use it. But isnt that just like us yanks.)
    If you like the jointing method, go to the Festool sub-menu on the site and take a look at my resawing a 4" plank. I used the TS75 and it was a joy to use and the results were very good.

Here is story: http://www.woodshopdemos.com/fes-sc-3.htm
    John Lucas, welcome to the Aussie Forums, I hope you stay a while! I think everyone on the board has visited your fantastic website at some stage (those that haven't by now should). Please feel free to link your very informative website to your signature.

Groggy