G'day folks,

We have a circa 1920's house, and every wall is that horsehair type of sheeting. The type of thing where the joins have timber strips over the top (walls and ceiling), and yes, we do not have 1 plaster cornice in the house (all cornices are wood!). The corners of each room are quad, we have picture rails in every room, and the mail rooms (kitchen/loungeroom/hallway have cypress toung and grove panelling to Dado height.

The skirting boards and door frames are all Western red cedar, and the skirting boards are probably 15cm deep. I have not been able to find the same 'profile' (not sure of the term) for them at any restoration or reproduction hardware suppliers.

Problem:
Debats have been raging about how we are going to replace this said horsehair sheeting with gyprock etc.... He wants to remove the skirting/frames, but as the timber is quite soft, I want to find an alternative.... I thought we might be able to make cuts around the said precious door frames and skirting and remove horrid horsehair this way.

Would love to hear from anyone that has replaced this stuff!!!!!

Cheers,
The Mrs. :U

Read the full thread at RenovateForum.com...