Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Four strong and fit people needed in Greenmount, WA

I bought some new toys last weekend. One of them, I can't even get out of the two-seater.

They are
    1. Drill press. That's light at about 60 Kg, and is assembled (but I haven't figured out how to tighten the belt).
    2. Carbatec 15" thicknesser. Instructions for lifting top onto base: Insert 2 100x50 boards. One person on each corner. Lift. There's one of me, two next door... Heck, why not get some forum folk around?
    3. Carbatec 6" industrial jointer. I can't lift the table.

Tasks for the day;
    Finish unloading, unpacking and assembling toys.
    Attach dusty
    Eat
    If anyone with suitable skills wants to demonstrate the equipment to anyone who wants to see it in action, they can do so. I have used other machines like these, but not these models.

Anyone for BBQ lunch Sat? I'll supply meat etc when I have some numbers.

Respond by email to [email protected]
    The email address will expire in a week or so, so now worries about spammers.

Wives, girlfriends etc welcome (I'm assuming the actual volunteers will be male, some of this stuff is heavy).

Phooey, that's Greenmount Western Australia,

i thought it might have been Greenmount, Queensland

Hi John,

Might be able to drop by and lend a hand. Not too sure about the 'strong and fit' bit though.

Have to check the schedule for the weekend. Will get back to yo when I can, before Friday, anyway.

Nice toys by the way.

Cheers
    Pops

Quote Originally Posted by Pops View Post
    Hi John,

Might be able to drop by and lend a hand. Not too sure about the 'strong and fit' bit though.

Have to check the schedule for the weekend. Will get back to yo when I can, before Friday, anyway.

Nice toys by the way.

Cheers
    Pops
    You'll be welcome.

I know we've met, there's a pic in my computer of a fine looking gent, properly labelled, from Derek's BBQ last year.

While I fit the "strong, fit and easily bribed" category you're after....I'm busy for all the daylight hours over the weekend, sorry.

You're just around the corner from me though, so if you just need another person for some heave-ho I can swing by one night in the next few days.

Knowing Juffy, I reckon he could lift most of that stuff by himself.

Keep us posted - worst comes to worst I might be able to make it up that way on Sunday.

If the bessey clamps get delivered by the weekend I will have to come up that way anyway. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wongdai View Post
    Knowing Juffy, I reckon he could lift most of that stuff by himself.

Keep us posted - worst comes to worst I might be able to make it up that way on Sunday.

If the bessey clamps get delivered by the weekend I will have to come up that way anyway. Fingers crossed.
    I'm hoping they will be but not sign of the clamps yet

Warrick

Hi John,

OK, I am free on Saturday so count me in.

Have sent you an email for details.

Hmmm. I can smell wood shavings and snags already.

Playing with new wood toys and a BBQ. Boy some people get it tough, but I suppose I will struggle though somehow.

See you there. Hope those with the 'suitable skills' are coming.

Cheers
    Pops

Hi John,

I'm sorry to say I'm just around the corner too but I can't make it this weekend. Hope you boys have a good one.

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Pops View Post
    Hope those with the 'suitable skills' are coming.

Cheers
    Pops
    Bobl sends his apologies.

The party was a little short of a quorum, but Pops and we barbecued anyway.
    Suitably refreshed, we attacked the jointer, partly because it was in the way. The table, which I could scarcely move alone, the two of us picked up easily, turned it over and placed in on the cabinet. Work processed steadily though slowly, as we attached things, adjusted things, wondered how things worked. Thing went better once we found the tools and parts I'd misplaced.

It was getting latish in the afternoon when we decided the time had come to attack the thicknesser, still in the back of the two-seater. With the reinforcements from next door, we had four able bodies to lift the machine. We raised the top of the thicknesser, inserted two solid lumps of tuart, and closed the thicknesser to clamp them in place, as described in the instructions.

With one person on each end, it was a fairly easy lift to get it off the tray, and place it into the cabinet top someone had thoughtfully put in place.

Again, work was fairly straightforward. This time, we didn't find any parts or tools I'd misplaced, and we're a few bolts short. Hopefully, they're a size I'm likely to be able to buy at Bunnings - if not, then Rudd Industrial on Monday.

Fortunately, we'd not scheduled any demonstrations (not that we had an audience!), even though (more or less) assembled, there's a lot of grease to clean out.

Have they got a lot of grease!!

Thanks Pops.

PS
    Pops has a 15" Carbatec thicknesser in need of assembly too.
    John

Hi John,

Well I know you wanted 'brawn and brains' there to help but,... you got me instead.

Had a fun day. Thanks for lunch. You are going to have a great setup with the new equipment. Looking forward to some Work in Progress posts.

Have to get some wiring done in my shed first, before any assembly of equipment, plus I can't move in the shed.

Drop some shots of the the new set-up in the shed with the new gear when you get it organised. Am sure there those that would like to see.

Cheers
    Pops