Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Helpless
    Do I understand that you have given the real estate agent $300, or that you have agreed with the real estate agent that $300 will be withheld from the bond before it is released?
    regards from Alberta, Canada

ian

Hi Ian
    Our bond was given back to us, as we applied directly to the bond board and got this back before we went on THursday. However as the owner put an application in to the Tribunal, we were obligated to go. So we have agreed to pay $300 back to the owner, instead of going through the whole tribunal process, and potentially paying up to $2,000 if we lost the case. I guess the reason why we backed down, was becuase we kind of win as the owner will probably not see a cent of that $300 anyway, as he did not turn up himself, instead sending representation - so he will need to pay for the agents time, plus the fees for putting the application in in the first place. So we considered our options and thought $150 each (my flatmate and I) and thought as long as he actually doesnt have any money to put towards getting the floors done, then we were happy to put it behind us.
    THanks again everyone. The conciliator found it quite impressive that I had gone to a forum for advice.