We're playing around with ideas for our renos at the moment so please excuse large number of question asking threads from me!

The previous owners had an extension built off the back of our fairly basic, rectangular house. The extension is about 2/3 the width of the house and runs off the kitchen. The entrance to the extension is where I'm assuming the external door or window was originally. The extension is a bit of an awkward shape, rectangular but not wide enough or long enough to set up as a lounge room and has a gas log fire in one corner and on the same wall has a sliding glass door to out the back (a metre off the ground with no stairs).

Since it's dead space as it is, my idea is to knock down what's left of the kitchen wall, about 2/3 the width of the extension, push the kitchen out a bit, whack a breakfast bar in. The extension would then become our meals area and eventually we'll put a deck in out the back leading from the sliding door.

Is it possible to knock down that much of an external wall? Will it cost us a small fortune to do?

Read the full thread at RenovateForum.com...