'Evening Gents,

If you carefully read the fine print on the Data Sheets for many of the Tiling Adhesives available today, you will notice that they quite often advise you to consider the colour of an intended Adhesive carefully if the Tiles are "translucent" in nature. Heck - I looked at a lot of Tiles a few months back, and I can't quite remember seeing any that I would outright call "translucent". I saw a few glass ones, but I reckon they can't be talking about those; they're more transparent than translucent...:?

Anyway, if you were going to have a problem with the Adhesive colour coming out or up through a normal clay Tile, it would most likely occur in the Shower Recess (due to the constant supply of moisture). Since cement-powder-based Tile Adhesive seems to be available in three shades - grey, off-white, and white - I guess the most likely combination for a problem would be when grey Adhesive was used behind a whitish wall-Tile in the Shower. Alternatively, perhaps a white Adhesive under a darker floor-Tile in the Shower, could end up giving a "bleached" look to the Tiles over time...

Has anyone ever had problems of this type with their Shower Tiles?

I need to ask, because the wall-Tiles in the Shower are going to be a very delicate creamy-white colour, while the floor-Tiles in there are going to be a little darker, but not much, and I need to start wrapping my mind around what Adhesive(s) to buy...:cool:

Many Thanks,
Batpig.

Read the full thread at RenovateForum.com...