Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: Aussie Top Gear

Neil is a font of motoring knowledge and has an unparalleled (in the realm of drivers) technical brain. However, he's as dull as matte paint and he would lend nothing to the vitality and humour of the program. IMO.
    I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you just read is not what I meant.

Regards, Woodwould.

Dunno about that Woodwould, I thought that he fitted in really well on RPM. Maybe time has had it's way with my memory, wouldn't be the first time .
    To grow old is inevitable.... To grow up is optional

Confidence, the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.

What could possibly go wrong.

I dunno how many of you have watched the first 2 seasons of UK Top Gear, because if you had, you would be giving Aussie Top Gear a better go. The UK Top Gear was awful, it took about 5 Seasons to become interesting and 8 Seasons to become great.

It takes a long time to build a decent inter-action and these guys have potential to grow into themselves, of course its never going to rival UK Top Gear, they have 12 seasons headstart and a budget a small nation would be proud to have.

James Morrison should also do well on the show as like most average drivers, he vastly over-estimates his skills.
    They should also do what UK Top Gear did to their black Stig and kill the Aussie Stig to get another one that can drive, the current one is waaaaaaaaaaay to busy at the controls to be getting maximum speed, look at UK Stig, smooth as silk at the controls and very, very quick.

Yes I've watched the first couple of series of Top Gear UK and it was crap. I very much lost interest in the first series here because it was worse. Watched it Monday night and it was a little better. So I'll maybe watch some more. Still think the best 3 hosts would have been me, Gillie and Fitzy. Much better all round (especially for me!).
    Bob C.

Never give up.