Hi all,

It's my first post in this forum but given that I've just purchased my 1st home and plan on renovating it I dare say I might become a regular visitor over the next few months (perhaps years!).

I have bought a house in Adelaide that doesn't have a gas connection but there is gas in the street. I have spoken with Origin who referred me to the company that will provide me with a gas connection which my plumber will need to complete. I have spoken with 2 staff from the connection company but am still unsure how far onto my property they will bring the gas. I have spoken with friends (none of whom have tried to connect gas to an existing dwelling) and they seem to think they'll provide me with a meter on my wall. However, the staff I spoke to said they'd bring the gas to the boundary and my plumber would need to do the rest. For them to get gas to my property they will charge a nominal fee of $165. Which I think is reasonable.

Has anyone connected gas to an existing dwelling in Adelaide? how far onto the property do they bring it? Can I ask them to bring it onto the property at a certain position? I ask this because it's more convenient to have it at one end of the property.

I'd apprecaite any feeddback because the staff i spoke to just confused me.

Cheers

Saambo

Read the full thread at RenovateForum.com...