Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Andian View Post
    Hi Bazza:
    I am also looking at dust collection (and removal). Let us know what you decide to do and welcome to the site..

At the moment i have read in it,s entirety the cyclone guru web site sheeesh, several australian authers and am going to make my own cyclone i have a rather snazzy fully sealed moter from a spray booth although the fan speed is only 1450 rpm the machines i wish to extract dust from are a radial arm saw a dewalt 7740 had this saw since 1980 and it has made me serious money over the years,all without sawdust removal,a habco combination machine my fathers over 50years in age,and groove cutters with which i make windows and joinery details with, I have 2 weeks off to remove a lump of my shoulder (my carrying shoulder so wether that has something to
    do with it) so more reading before i start the construction process possibly a good use of the recuperation time.
    thanks for your welcome
    regards
    BarryTreleaven

1970-1973 I would have been one of the cabbies next door + 3 years post trade to gain my furnishing trade certificate

Default info for you

Quote Originally Posted by China View Post
    1970-1973 I would have been one of the cabbies next door + 3 years post trade to gain my furnishing trade certificate
    Yesterday was a staff development day and the MBA REP informed us that "industry" demands 2 yr apprenticships, which as any tradie knows is a load of crock as skills can not be transplanted like a tablet but are learned over time years in fact, when questioned about this from leturers was very quick to declare "I don,t know industry demands this" havng trained several apprentices in my business days the costs of a apprentice ar much greater than the incentives hence the low rate of apprenticships now, incedently last night 5 original lecturers with combined service to Tafe of 126 yrs were given there gold watch so to speak my original lecturer roger parry taught for 39 yrs, i don,t think we will see that ever again.
    Regarding post trade course I did that as well it was worth the effort as years later added to the quals when i won a full time contract last june.
    nice to see some tradies in here.