As a pround owner of the set of Allan's books, the answers seem to be staring me in the face on laying new floorboards.

He discusses the various method of flooring, platform, fitted various joist types and then on pg 64.

"T&G should not be laid as a platform floor but rather after the house roof and walls are clad and windows installed. Alternatively a platform floor can be laid using particle board flooring and 12mmm thick T&G flooring laid over the surface after enclosing the building."

It sort of contridicts itself, as in my previous posts on should I lay YT vs direct nail to joists and I have had advice on lay the YT and then glue nail T&G.

Quote:
LARRY...Well said.

Now, as a manufacturer of T&G flooring, we have to follow the standard AS 2796 when it comes to product.

If I supply a 130mm floor and it gets secret nailed, then it does not meet the requirements of the standard and I will not stand by my product because it has been installed using a non recommended installation procedure.

Now, I know that huge amounts of 130mm T&G gets secret nailed every day and the floors have no issues. But I have to abide by the standard. If the home owner wants the floor secret nailed, then they have to sign a release stating that they wear all costs associated with problems that may arrise with the floor.

personally.. If I was to install a 130mm floor in my place, I'd secret nail & glue.
Would the same apply for the 150mm? The std states top nail and direct to the joist?

Read the full thread at RenovateForum.com...