All the plumbers and builders I have had round, have said that my new bath has to be notched into the wall studs. If they do this, I will have an unequal width lip on one side and not only that, by the time the villaboard goes on top and then the thick porcelain tiles go on top of that, the overhang onto the bath will be approaching about one inch- I cant even bear the thought of how awful this is going to look. To make matters even worse, the tiles at the end of this overhang will have to notch over the outer edge. This is a design and feng shui disaster as far as I am concerned.
Anyone who could make any alternative suggestions that will pass the sceptical opinion of my grumpy plumber, please let me know.
Its a GRP bath which is going onto a cement bed with a timber frame around it.
Why on earth it needs to be anchored into the wall is beyond my comprehension and it is not usual practice in Europe as far as I know. And I have never heard of baths unhitching themselves and floating away in Paris or London, because they haven't been secured into the wall, so why, for heavens sake, do they want to inflict such a design abomonation here?:)(

Read the full thread at RenovateForum.com...