Hi Peoples,

Well we have just purchased our next house contracts exchanged Tuesday we move in the start of April.

Ok we have an issue we were aware of and thats the shower recess is leaking see pics the house is only about ten years old.

It looks to be leaking around the waste and has rotted out some of the chip board flooring see pic.
So I am guessing the best thing to do is pull up the tiles replace the flooring seal it and tile again I have done plenty of work in the last house but no tiling and haven't had to deal with anything at this stage of neglect before.
I would rather put in an englifield unit hob and walls in like I did in the last house but the problem is the shape of the shower area so I guess I will have to stick with tiles.
Anyone got any ideas or anything else we could do it seems a shame to pull up the tiles as you will see by the other pics it looks good on the inside and I guess we will probably renovate the bathroom in a couple of years anyway as we prefer white over the the beige tiles but we just don't have the money to do so at this time.

If anyone has any ideas or has a opinion I would love to hear it and also what would a tradie approx cost to fix it any ideas?

I would also love to hear from any natives in Port Macquarie

I have done the pics large on purpose more detail but if that's a problem Mods delete them and I will make them smaller.

Willy

Read the full thread at RenovateForum.com...