Default G'day from an old bloke saying goodbye to his hobby

Fot the past 40 years I have enjoyed woodworking combined with blacksmithing, harness making, and collecting old stuff mostly related to restoration of horse-drawn vehicles. The time has now come to downsize and move on in life. Although much of what I have to disperse is marginal to your interests, I expect some of it may be attractive. Have a look at www.bobsoldstuff.com Browse "timber" and "tools: woodworking," especially. I have never been interested in selling and havn't bought anything is years, so pricing is a challenge. Although "googling" is often helpful, I am counting on the "market" to reveal value of many things. For example, I have no idea what Queensland maple boards 12in x 1in x 5m, rough sawn, are worth, although I would guess more than when I bought them in 1979.

Cheers, Bob.

Editor's Note: Site address Fixed
    Last edited by DJ’s Timber; 3rd February 2009 at 11:51 PM. Reason: Clarity

G'day Bob - welcome to the board. A bit sad that you join just to leave behind a long pastime. I'm sure you will get a fair bid on much you wish to sell. Good luck.

soth

Bob, good luck on your change. I hope your moving on to some other phase of life is positive. You are helping me do some preparatory grieving. I can have only a year or two more in the shed at best before I will need to move on too. I hope your clearance sale goes well. Those maple boards ought to be very much sought after. My advice is to sell as much as you can privately rather than have a big clearance sale day because the prices raised on those kinds of auctions seem to be pityful. Fortunately I have had my value out of my tools and machinery and don't have a need to sell them, so I am going to gather 3 or 4 neighbourhood friends together on "the day" and let them draw lots for my bits and pieces.

Just a note - if you buy thru Bob's site and checkout it takes you to PayPal and the price becomes US dollars.
    Cheers

Jeremy
    If it were done when 'tis done, then 'twere well it were done quickly

Quote Originally Posted by jmk89 View Post
    Just a note - if you buy thru Bob's site and checkout it takes you to PayPal and the price becomes US dollars.
    Do you mean,if item is marked $64 we end up paying $100 Aust. approx.
    Back To Car Building & All The Sawdust.

That's it, as far as I can see.
    Cheers

Jeremy

Quote Originally Posted by jmk89 View Post
    Jeremy, you were my first customer and I was shocked to learn about the US dollar 'scam'. Totally unintentional and has now been fixed.

I also realised that I make no mention of delivery costs on the web site. My policy is to deliver by Australia Post C.O.D. where item suits, e.g. the bit brace.

Cheers,

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE View Post
    Do you mean,if item is marked $64 we end up paying $100 Aust. approx.
    Jeremy was my first customer and I was shocked to learn about the US dollar 'scam'. Totally unintentional and has now been fixed.

I also realised that I make no mention of delivery costs on the web site. My policy is to deliver by Australia Post C.O.D. where item suits, e.g. the bit brace.

Cheers, Bob

Bob

Sorry to be so public on what I assumed was an oversight! Thanks for rectifying and making the position clear. I'll be back to buy that item this morning!
    Cheers

Jeremy